What were the 80s really like?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me what you're looking for and I bet I can tell you how to get it online for free...

Really??? I´ve got a long list of oldies... I used to dowload them the half-legal way but now I can´t. I´d love to know where I can download my oldies, really. But I have no credit cards, I gave them all back...

PS: I think I've seen PEW and WM online at the same time... so I don't think they're the same person

Radhi, I have three computers on my desk... I could register in one as, let´s say, KeithRichards, and post in SF... while I post on Songfacts from my Mac as edna... just like when I work, posting here while translating on the PC...

;)

PS: I think I've seen PEW and WM online at the same time... so I don't think they're the same person

Radhi, I have three computers on my desk... I could register in one as, let´s say, KeithRichards, and post in SF... while I post on Songfacts from my Mac as edna... just like when I work, posting here while translating on the PC...

;)

I am sure a moderator could clear up that suggestion in a heartbeat.

I live in hope that that comment was made by MarcM with a generous helping of tongue in cheek or a bit of mischief in mind.

I am in the UK. PEW I believe is in the States.

If anything in my posts here have drawn similarities to PEW's then I unreservedly offer my apologies.

I have read the main Songfacts for ages. I did not even notice the forum link until recently. When I did I saw PEW at his usual schtick and thought it only fair to offer a heads up.

As I offered to Blind Fitter. Google his name see what comes back.

;)

I say, where do you put your cup of coffee then?

Yeah no kiddding; this whole thread is starting to turn into a tattle-tale on PaulEdwardWagemann; just scroll through the thread, it's nothing but Paul Edward Wagemann said: in every post!

If Paul Edward was to say to you: to video tape Growing Pains & Facts of Life, because he's going to miss out tonight, since they're holding a convention for Reagonomics Impressionists, would you do it too???? NO!!! of course not, geezus!

4/5 Nay-Saying Songfactors can't be wrong

Really??? I´ve got a long list of oldies... I used to dowload them the half-legal way but now I can´t. I´d love to know where I can download my oldies, really. But I have no credit cards, I gave them all back...

edna, I got oldies coming out my whatoosie. If you told me what you want I could use YSI (you send it) to post them on a message board and then you could download them.

Give me an idea of what you'd want...I go all the way back to the 60s and even some 50s.

The legal side of mp3 downloading is a very grey area

You won't go to prison, since it isn't a crime. But here in Germany, the record companies took civil action against a few hundreds (or thousands) of e-mule and kazaa etc. users wanting compensations for damages, because they couldn't sell the songs, that others downloaded for free. They demand up to 10000 € for every song/mp3, and you can imagine that some of them uploaded thousands of songs...

Now it's unlikely that they get this much compensations here (in german law they have to proof, that the song really caused 10000€ damage - I don't know what it's like in the US), but it is certain, that they are in the right.

The legal side of mp3 downloading is a very grey area

You won't go to prison, since it isn't a crime. But here in Germany, the record companies took civil action against a few hundreds (or thousands) of e-mule and kazaa etc. users wanting compensations for damages, because they couldn't sell the songs, that others downloaded for free. They demand up to 10000 € for every song/mp3, and you can imagine that some of them uploaded thousands of songs...

Now it's unlikely that they get this much compensations here (in german law they have to proof, that the song really caused 10000€ damage - I don't know what it's like in the US), but it is certain, that they are in the right.

Actually I'd like to be taken to court and sued for damages. This woudl give me the chance to point out that illegal downloading actally helps a band (by creating an audiance for them who otherwise never would have hear thier muisc). Illgal downloading makes money for the artists. The artists themselves only make a coupdl of pennies for every CD that is sold. The real people you are hurting ar the CEOs and corporate RIAA stiffs in the corporate music industry, and they are a bunch of jerks anyway, so screw 'em!

• 6 years later...

When the 1980s began basketball players wore their shorts in a tight-fitting manner, with their socks up to their kneecaps. High school boys wore mullets in a non-ironic style. There was no AIDS then, no HIV, no al qaida, no jihad, no hole in the ozone, no genetically engineered animals, no Savings and Loan scandal. There was also no Mtv, no CNN, no ESPN, no HBO, no celebrity televangelists, no millionaire athletes, no personal home computers, no Nintendo, no Playstations, no cell phones, no gangsta rap/hip hop, no ‘sampling’, no grunge, no emo, no “alternative rock”, no compact discs, no digital music, no Prozac, and no artificial heart transplants. The one thing we did have was Classic Rock...But by the end of the decade all of that had changed.

Edited by Guest