Random Music Videos...Do You Know This Song?

Lucky

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched Chaka Khan get a lifetime achievement award on the BET Awards. There was a tribute performance, and at one point Chaka, Prince and Stevie were all onstage jamming. I almost spontaneously combusted from joy.

Anyhoo, I have got Chaka in my soul at the moment. Here is a performance from the 70s of "Tell Me Something Good" by Rufus featuring Miss Chaka. Enjoy!

I nominated "Tell Me Something Good" by the aforementioned Rufus ft Chaka Khan and "And I Am Telling You (That I'm Not Going) by Jennifer Holliday for the Top Ten 19. I searched on the almighty YouTube for Jennifer, and of course she was there. This song makes every hair on my body stand straight up and brings tears to my eyes. You know she has sung the holy hell out of this song because she has broken out into a sweat at the end of it. Enjoy!

And I Am Telling You - Jennifer Holliday

157 Riverside Avenue ~ REO

A live performance from 1974. Sometimes people forget that REO could really rock. They were still considered "local boys" in St Louis in 1974. High School, senior year! :)

Peachy, Chaka is smokin!!

Seeker, thanks for the 1,2,3... :) Namahage, I didn't know Bonnie Mckee. Love her voice!

Edited by Guest

Namahage I like that video "Ugly"; me & my old lady checked out the clip earlier, not bad at all

I was browsing the "YouTube" web-site in search of a Tom Petty/Jeff Lynne music clip featuring George Harrison & Ringo Starr. It's titled "I Won't Back Down" from 1989. I had no luck finding this vid, however I did come across a supposed "Traveling Wilburys" reunion with an improved line-up, featuring Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Don Henley, Neil Young, Tom Petty, & a few other legendary rockers on stage together for a live performance.

Earlier, some of us were discussing on the #20 Songfactor's choice thread, about the all-star project & their plans on performing together again, this is about as close as it gets, from what I can tell.

I haven't yet viewed the footage due to my slow connection speeds, since my broadband is performing inadequately as a result of tweaking the main hard drive; running a router, & cutting the short connected to the modem mod-chip. Oi!

HiYa CeeCee; I finally got around to uploading it to my serve, it's pretty descent footage & a nice song by these talented legends. IMO Neil Young did the best take & that G.E. Smith (Saturday Night Live / Hall & Oates) didn't fit the bill, hangin' with the big boys, even though he's alright as a standard guitarist. I couldn't make out the drummer, due to the uploaded distorted "StreamCast" buffer zone.

I've been into a Japanese band called Dir en Grey for a while now. They're a sorta dark, freaky, heavy metal band, but I like their stuff. Since they're Japanese, don't expect to understand the lyrics (not that you would be able to if you knew Japanese :P).

Here's a good song: Kodou

Kodou means heartbeat in Japanese.

"Traveling Wilburys" reunion with an improved line-up, featuring Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Don Henley, Neil Young, Tom Petty, & a few other legendary rockers on stage together for a live performance.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great performance... :bow: I just sent the link to half of my friends... That´s Roger McGuinn singing the first lines, right?

"Isn´t it a pity" live, Clapton, Preston, young Dhani Harrison... this one is amazing too...

Edited by Guest

Hey Edna!! I'm not sure who all the singers are, I thought Don Henley was the opening vocalist, but I may not be remembering this correctly. It's a shame that these videos can't be saved & then stored on a computer media player, like Windows Media Player, I'd like to be able to view some of these over & over again. Along the road, someday years from now; it'll be possible to save & burn video clips to DVD, that will be the day!!!