The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Worst Songs #1

Killjoy Was Here Dept

Judging three songs at a time?

How many songs are there?

bazooka had supposed this was going to operate like a run-of-the-mill Top Ten.

I have discovered this thing about music. I can strongly dislike a song one day, then find something about it I really dig the next day, and say to bazooka "what the hell was I thinking -- this song sucks" the day after that.

With very few exceptions, it's all "compared to what?" -- very mood-driven and situational.

Somebody liked every one of these songs (or at least thought it was a good idea or could make some money) or we wouldn't have ever heard them.

Anyway, I am still interested in the final outcome of this list. I think I'll sit on the sidelines and wait through what look to be some lengthy deliberations.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody liked every one of these songs (or at least thought it was a good idea or could make some money) or we wouldn't have ever heard them.

if only the same could be said for books :puppyeyes: I can't tell you the number of manuscripts I've typed for people who have "the next bestseller" and pay to have their own books published through a self-publishing company. Watch those egos, people. Sheesh.

Well bazooka I don't know if this thread is going anywhere, but at least, acting on Phil's initiative, I'm trying to do something. I'm always open to suggestions !

Not many have supported the 3 "thumbs down" voting so I think we can give that the "thumbsdown". It didn't work - I accept that. Let's try to find a Positive.

Would you all like every song mentioned so far put into a List and we vote on them? That's fine by me. Please let me know with some feedback. I'm going away in a few days, but I'm sure I can arrange it with my right hand man Farin.

This was only intended as a "fill -in" between regular Top Tens anyway. It hasn't done too badly as such (150 + replies and 500 + views) ! Good on you Phil.

Would you all like every song mentioned so far put into a List and we vote on them? That's fine by me. Please let me know with some feedback. I'm going away in a few days, but I'm sure I can arrange it with my right hand man Farin.

Good idea! Also put Popcorn by Hot Butter on that list. It made me a nervous wreck in 1972!

I have nothing against any of those three songs.

I guess if everybody's voting, it's too late for me to nominate? :crazy: :blush:

"Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo. Definitely and outstandingly the worst song ever to top the charts*. Hands down, no contest, without a shadow of a doubt, indubitably, as sure as eggs is eggs, as night follows day, as God made little green apples, certes.....

*With the possible exception of "The Reflex" by Duran Duran.

Edited by Guest
With thanks to my Roget's Thesaurus, without whom this post may not have been possible.

With very few exceptions, it's all "compared to what?" -- very mood-driven and situational.

As are our decisions for the regular top ten most of the time. It's all very subjective is it not? From the comments, We all cut songs from our list that we love, due to whatever is influencing us when we vote. As Darryl said, this was just a filler, meant to be a little fun, and it has been. :thumbsup:

Please don't get me wrong.

I was not casting aspersions on this topic, or phil or Darryl. I have no gripe with any of the Songfacts cats & kitties (except if someone should show disrespect towards Bo Diddley).

bazooka was merely whining about not having time to vote on all of these crappy songs in doses of three per post.

That, and the compulsory use of graemlins.

I'm with Radhi. A pox on those who dare criticize my beloved George Michael! }:(

Who said anything about George Michael? Reread my post. I said the line "Guilty feet have got no rythmn" was one of the worst lines I have ever heard in a lyric.

Now if your argument is: I just LOVE that line, Ron! Then I will accept a rebuke.

Ron, I had my Wham-vision goggles on when I read that. :grin:

Now that I think about it, I do like that line. The guilt he is feeling has become so strong that it has become a physical manifestation of his emotions. His body is rebelling against his wishes to dance with someone other than his girlfriend (tee hee) and refuses to go along with the betrayal.

It's all terribly profound. Either that or the dude just can't dance.

Now that I think about it, I do like that line. The guilt he is feeling has become so strong that it has become a physical manifestation of his emotions. His body is rebelling against his wishes to dance with someone other than his girlfriend (tee hee) and refuses to go along with the betrayal.

Peachy, I admire you :bow: :bow: :bow:

It's all terribly profound. Either that or the dude just can't dance.

Now I admire you even more... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, Darryl suggested to me, that we adopt the same procedures, that we use in the 'Normal' Top Tens, meaning everybody makes a list of their ten worst songs which gets points from 10 to 1 etc.

Do you think that will work? Do you have further suggestions/comments?

In the moment we have ca. 120 nominations. I think that's enough. How about you? Do you want to keep nominating before we start the voting?

So if you're all in favour of this, I'll make a list of all nominations and you can take your Ten Worst Songs out of it :)

Looking forward your opinions...