The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Worst Songs #1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one Shawna ! Me neither, but I remember miamisammy listing the gruesome lyrics in another thread. Can somebody help us out?

Some of those terrible "Death Songs" like Tell Laura I Love Her probably could make it into the 'worst songs' too. There was a heap of them in the 60s.

:P

SPECIAL NOTICE:

I think we might change things a bit, and ask people to nominate up to Ten 'worst songs' each - including ones already mentioned by others. A few people have said " ONLY TWO" ???

Maybe we can get a pattern of those considered "most rotten/foul/stinkers" and work out the best way of voting later.

We'll keep this great idea of Phil's going as well as the regular Top Tens of course. Nominations for Top Ten #15 are now open in a new Thread.

:)

I'll try to dredge up 8 more...

Superman - Eminem

I'm So Sick - Flyleaf

This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know) - Taking Back Sunday

I Just Wanna Live - Good Charlotte

Shout at The Devil - Motley Crue

This Isn't It - The Giant Drag

Toxic - Britney Spears

Beep - The Pussycat Dolls

I also find myself liking most of the songs other people here hate...sure, some of them were overplayed and/or have crappy lyrics, but they're fun.

How about "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" by Timy Tim. Can anyone sit through that without losing their lunch?

I also find myself liking most of the songs other people here hate...sure, some of them were overplayed and/or have crappy lyrics, but they're fun.

How about "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" by Timy Tim. Can anyone sit through that without losing their lunch?

That's why I'm not taking part in this one. There are so many songs I like that others hate and that I hate and others like.

Truly, without exxageration, I can listen to Tiny Tim before I can listen to one Celine Dion or Britney Spears song. That doesn't make them bad, it just means I don't like their music.

Honey ~ Bobby Goldsboro (I think we've already agreed on this one...)

The End ~ The Doors ~ A lot probably would put this in a top ten. I find it utterly depressing. I know that was the point, but it works too well.

I've dredged up eight more.

Mickey - Toni Basil

Feelings - Morris Albert

Having My Baby - Paul Anka

Turn Me Loose - Loverboy ( just dreadful)

Torn Between Two Lovers - Mary McGregor

Angie - Stones

Those were The Days My Friend - Mary Hopkins

Only Women Bleed - Alice Cooper

:thumbsdown:

1] Butterfly - Mariah Carey

2] Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

I'll try to break off 8 more stinkers.

3] I've Never Been to Me - Charlene (?)

4] Swingin' - John Anderson

5] Honky Tonk Badonkadonk - Some country dude whose name escapes me at the moment.

6] Bat Dance - Prince

7] Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex

8] Muskrat Love - Captain & Tennille

9] Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Mullet (sorry, Darryl)

10] Informer - Snow

Edited by Guest
Something went wacky and my quote was ugly. I cannot tolerate ugly.

I can't really tell you why I dislike Just Like Starting Over, it's just one of those songs that " gets up my nose".

As to your second query, the song in question is Sympathy For The Devil. While I very much like the Rolling Stones (particularly their early material), I despise this song. I don't like the tune and I can't stand listening to Jagger's insipid Whoo Whooing in the background for what seems like an eternity. I'm sure Sammy and Edna are burning me in effigy or sticking pins into little Canam dolls as I write this. :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn't even know where to begin with this thread.. But off the top of my head:

Peg - Steely Dan (I know we've got some Steely fan's here, but really, I can't take anything they've ever done for long)

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor OR Cake.. either one makes me ill..

Possibly the worst song I've ever heard in my life is The Rain by Oran Juice Jones. If you don't remember that one from the eighties, look it up.. it's awful with a capital AWFUL.

Well, we're not getting far, but we sure are having fun. Please keep them coming - we must get some that everybody hates !

Peaches I nominated Achy Breaky Heart for a joke in one of our Top Tens. I didn't even vote for it - but I don't hate it.

I keep seeing songs that I have on my Listaonestonominate. :laughing:

ooo I just thought of another really awful one...

"Timothy" about cannibalism. Don't know who sang it.

Good one Shawna ! Me neither, but I remember miamisammy listing the gruesome lyrics in another thread. Can somebody help us out?

Timothy was by "The Buoys".

They were a rock group from Wilkes Barre, PA, just a few miles south from where MiamiSammy and I live.

The song peaked at #17 on the Billboard Pop Singles chart in 1971.