The King of it all!

PSYCHOcatholic

Don't forget the Queen of Soul!

Anyway, I think Meryl Streep should be the queen of drama, or maybe Nicole Kidman, but I don't know about a king....maybe Russell Crowe. DeNiro does too much comedy now to qualify and Tom Hanks bounces back and forth (even though I love both of them)

I wouldn't discount Hanks & DeNiro, it depends on how you interpret the question at hand, but I think the King and Queen of drama should be good in comedic roles as well as dramatic ones. :thumbsup: I'm thinking of it more as dramatic arts than just drama. Does that make sense? :laughing:

I always loved Patrick Stewart. Excellent actor who excels in all forms of acting: movies, tv, theater & radio(voice).

Sally Field has my vote for actress. She is versatile, which is the most important quality in an actor. I own "Steel Magnolias", have seen it approximately 14,753 times, and I still cry with her during the graveyard scene. She was absolutely hilarious in "Soapdish" - just completely over-the-top funny.

Speaking of "Soapdish"...she co-starred with...

Kevin Kline has my vote for actor. Again, he is versatile. Comedy, drama, stage, screen, singing...come on. "The Ice Storm" was brilliant, as was "A Fish Called Wanda".

"And don't call me stupid!" :laughing:

My choice for actor is definitely Pacino. Robert Deniro and Dustin Hoffman also rank very high in my book. A few of you mentioned Tom Hanks....I would agree but I still remember where he came from, Bosom Buddies. Just something about dressing in drag that bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I still believe he is a great actor.

The actress side is a little tougher. I would tend to lean towards Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon.

Tough call, but after seeing the Road to Perdition, I have to go with Tom Hanks, closely followed by Robin Williams, although I love DeNiro and Pacino and Kevin Kline really. I'd like to see what Gary Sinese could do in some lead roles. He is an AWESOME actor.

Female-Susan Sarandon, hands down!

Road to Perdition is great. I've started paying more attention to screenwriters and directors recently. Sam Mendes as a director is doing quite well. Best director for his debut film, American Beauty and now Road to Perdition. I like Tom Hanks but sometimes I still think of him dressing up like a woman to get a place to live in NY. However, the fact that I remember it means it must have been a memorable role. Everyone you mentioned is good. Have you seen the charity group Gary Sinise co-founded called "Operation Iraqi Children"? It's the kind of story the news doesn't talk about that much. I'll put in a link.

007.jpg

http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/mission.html

I love Tom Hanks and I really want to see "The Terminal". I thought we were talking about straight drama actors and nothing else. However, if we are going across all genres (comedy being harder than drama) then Tom gets my vote.

Also, I thought about it later and Russell Crowe did a "comedy" called "Mystery, Alaska", but he didn't really play a comic role. So I guess I contradicted myself in my own choice!!!!:o

An honorable mention goes to Jessica Lange, especially her breathtaking performance as Frances Farmer in the movie Frances.

"Lobotomy gets them home!"

*ping*

The Road to Perdition is my least favourite Tom Hanks movie.

Consider if you knew that you were being stalked by someone whose sole purpose was to kill you.

Me, I'd never run, I'd simply wait. Knowing this gives you the upper hand. The running away part always trips one up.

Just like the patient spider waiting for the insect, the element of surprise would be mine.

Unless an army was coming after me I'll never understand why being offed is so poorly depicted on the screen. The way victims just let themself be killed.

Dying isn't so fast and letting it happen should never be an option.

People are such easy prey in films.