Summertime...

Otokichi

and the pavement is melting! How hot is it where you are? Out here, the temperature can be a mere 85℉ (30℃) and people will look like wilted lettuce because the Kona (South) winds have kicked the humidity to the same number. It's so hot here...

We had a heatwave this past week, but I'm not complaining. I'm still getting used to the idea of not needing a coat when I go outside.

Summer is so short that I try to enjoy every day, even if I'm melting.

Since you live in a warm climate all year round, you have a right to complain.

and the pavement is melting

"Summertime

and the pavement is melting..."

Sounds like Porgy&Bess... :cool:

I live in Madrid, Spain. It never rains, or almost. Nor here nor on the plain...

And it´s very very sunny... very very dry... hot (40º in summer is normal here) and there´s that smell of fried fish and garlic :stars:

But I guess I love it cause I am happy here... :)

There is a saying about St Louis...If you don't like the weather, stick around an hour or two...it'll change. It's true. The area is known for swift and drastic weather changes. Traditionally we have very hot, steamy summers. Once we get well into June it will stay at 90+ and the humidity will ride there along with the temp. I personally love it, but a lot of people complain about our weather.

I live in the UK.

I heard someone say "summer" might happen for a few hours next month thursday.

I won't hold them to it though.

It's basically the same here, but not as extreme. :grin:

I'd say we have one or two weeks every year when we might get 30°+

There is a saying about St Louis...If you don't like the weather, stick around an hour or two...it'll change. It's true. The area is known for swift and drastic weather changes. Traditionally we have very hot, steamy summers. Once we get well into June it will stay at 90+ and the humidity will ride there along with the temp. I personally love it, but a lot of people complain about our weather.

the same thing is true in new england. one day, it was that humdity like before the storm, and it was sunny, and an hour later, it was pouring down rain and thundering with dark cloud. An hour later, it was sunny and still rain. But no rainbow showed up, though. :(