Strummin' With The Devil - David Lee Roth

RonJonSurfer

OK, so Diamond Dave couldn't replace Howard Stern, but can he replace Eddie Van Halen with Bluegrass musicians? Well, in "Strummin' With The Devil", Dave get's some of the best bluegrass musicinas to cover VH Classics with himself on vocals.

Roth did the classic rock morning show in NYC today and said he wanted to put a different spin on VH music from one of the hottest segments of new music.

They played "Jump" and without blaring guitars, you get to hear how very plain Dave's voice really is....however, the songs are familiar and the band cooks along with him.

It's hard to recommend or not recommend based on hearing one song, but my instinct tells me that bluegrass fans will want to listen and VH/Roth fans will be curious.

• 4 weeks later...

Not meant to be offensive; but DLR has the lowest amount of talent & highest amount of esteem I've ever seen for a frontman to get so much spotlight. His solo career was nothing more than scantily produced covers & now he's resorting to replaying the classics in a way that most Halen fans wouldn't care to hear. The Van Halen brothers had some skill, It's just too bad, he took all the credit, even though their first 2 albums were pretty top notch. :thumbsdown: Diamond Dave's going to need more than rehab to sort this one out. :happybanana:

Yep! Their singing is mediocre.. but the guitar riffs are what I really notice. "Dreams" & "Standing on Top of the World" were probably my favorite when they were Van Hagar.

Is that guy from Extreme still their frontman now; or whatever happened with that? anyone know?

That's right, Alice Cooper's radio show is here in Perth.

That's interesting & news to me. I listen to his live show on the air, whenever I'm in the car, but I didn't know it was syndicated internationally. IMO he's more out there & idyllic in his broadcasting. His travesty is too the point & he never fails to comply with his terms of controversial publicity. I'd give him the edge over Dee Snyder & just about any local radio talent out there.