Keith Richards..Quotes to live by!!

Keith Richard's Words of Wisdom

ACTUAL QUOTES FROM KEEF THROUGH THE YEARS…

"I never turned blue in somebody else's bathroom. I consider that the height of bad manners."

• "There's only one fatal disease, I've concluded. It's called hypochondria. And it is deadly."

• "My one worry is falling over on stage. This may sound absurd, but I actually slipped on a hamburger in Hamburg once, and almost fell off stage."

• "I have to live with me...and I wouldn't follow me anywhere."

• "I would rather be a legend than a dead legend."

• "Art is the last thing I'm worried about when I'm writing a song. As far as I'm concerned, art is just short for 'Arthur.'"

• "If there ain't nothing left in the bar, then you're going to seek refuge in the Mother Fist and her five daughters... It's a lot less trouble and there's a lot more room in the bed."

• "because we couldn't remember their fu**ing names" Keith, when asked why the new album was called Some Girls.

• "Mick sits at the synthesizer with headphones on, which I consider a prison. This is like, 'Are you wearing those things because you don't want to be interfered with? Or are you just jerking off?' See, the synthesizer worries me."

• "I mean, I've had enough of bloody rap. I mean, 'Mary had a little lamb, his fleece was white as fu**in' snow.' What's the attraction of that? This is kindergarten s**t."

• "You know, I knew Muddy Waters up until the last months of his life. And the guy was never, ever just doing a gig. Never. He was always pushing, up until the last minute. That's an inspiration to me- that's the sort of analogy I go for."

• "I don't need to go to the gym like Mick. I carry a five pound guitar around with me- 2 1/2 hours with the Stones will keep you fighting trim."

• "There's a demon in me, and he's still around. Without the dope, we have a bit more of a chat these days."

• "I'll tell you what I like. I like hanging with black people. It's so much easier. They think I'm one anyway, I'm just in disguise."

• "Ronnie's a great mixture of talent & bullshit."

• "Charlie Watts is my absolute favorite. He has all the qualities I like in people. Great sense of humor, a lovely streak of eccentricity, a real talent, very modest."

• "Mick should stop trying to be Peter Pan. I don't see the point of trying to be 25 when you're not- he's obsessed with his age."

• "Why have Mick & I stayed together all this time? Well, we do so somewhat reluctantly."

• "This music is all about beautiful f**k-ups & recoveries."

• "There's no reason for my guitar being called Micawber, apart from the fact that it's such an unlikely name. There's no one around me called Micawber, so when I scream for Micawber everyone knows what I'm talking about."

• "Like I said many years ago, I never had a problem with drugs, only with cops."

• "People hate themselves anyway. If it wasn't smack, they'd hate themselves for eating carrots. You can bet on it."

• "If you are going to get wasted, then get wasted elegantly."

• "I only ever get ill when I give up drugs."

• "Being famous is ok, but in the courtroom it only works against you."

• "The only thing Mick & I disagree about is the band, the music and what we do."

• "The problem is that no-one is used to a band being around this long. It’s very hard for me to think that half the audience we play to can't remember a world without the Rolling Stones. We've become like the air you breathe. The sun comes up, the stars come out and a new Stones album appears every couple of years."

"I never turned blue in somebody else's bathroom. I consider that the height of bad manners."

I always liked this one. In the rock and roll scene it´s not unusual to have somebody turning blue in somebody else´s bathroom...

My favourite is not a quote but a line from "Happy" : "Always took candy from strangers".

• 1 month later...

keith richards is officially the coolest living thing! he just shines coolness! i saw him live in wellington, new zealand with the rolling stones a few months ago. he performed happy from exile on main street and this place is empty from a bigger bank. it was a frickn amazing concert. just stunning