Long time members of song facts

rtstuff

A lot of classy, nice folks hang out here.

And then there's also bazooka.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

----------------------------------

I think I first darkened the Songfacts door in Spring of '04.

Lost about 400 posts in the great Picture Wars One Purge (75% of those involved Bo Diddley in some form or another).

Had to re-up in '05 around the days of helpful green underscored links.

I joined 3 days after my birthday in 2005 - January 23rd. I came looking for some songfacts and was so very excited when I discovered there was an actualy site with the name... I hesitantly tried out the boards and gradually became hooked. I'm not the fastest poster, but I think I've reached a respectable number of posts. I also lost some 400 posts at one point.

I joined a little over 2 years ago, I think...I was a member for a while and just lurked on the boards and visited the main site, but then I started posting on the boards....now I'm hooked.

I live close to quite a few songfactors...two in the same state (RonJon and Malakin), but we have yet to meet. It would be great to have some sort of get-together. So many of us have kids the same age, we wouldn't need to worry about them having someone to play with

If memory serves correctly, it used to tell your join date on the member's sidepost mini-bio that appears along with their avatar.

I accidentally joined in April of '04 when I was looking for information on Concert Ripoffs & this site came up in a google search. I was intimidated to post at first because of everybody else's experience & high post count [100 posts was a lot for a user 2 years ago] but then figured it wouldn't matter how many posts a person has as long as the statement made is significant & to the point.

I then asked about the meaning of Waiting For The Worms by Pink Floyd and got a bunch of great answers.

;) I remember that thread, it was one of the first ones I posted in. I tried to look up old threads on here for the first one, and the archive only dates back to Sept '04. Have these old posts mysteriously disappeared ?

Edited by Guest
Added quote

I joined on 1-22-06, seems like such a long time ago. About 4 months and 200 some posts later, here I am!

I found about SF when I Googled for something, can't remember what, I was like on the 10th page, one of the pages was the Songfacts for Revolution 9.(That's a SONG?)The next day I rembered that site and LOVED it. found out it had a forum, and joined.