Long time members of song facts

rtstuff

I was just curious. I noticed that a number of members have 5,000, 6,000, 7,000 and more posts.

My question is how long have some of you been posting on song facts? I think it is neat that many of you have stayed at it for so long. Plus how many of you guys and gals have actually met one another?

Not trying to be nosey; I am genuinely interested in how long some of you have been at it.

As for me I truly enjoy interacting with everyone on the board. A lot of classy, nice folks hang out here.

rtstuff

I found Songfacts 2 1/2 years ago while looking for songs to include on a CD I was making for my newborn daughter. I've been hooked ever since. :grin:

steel_magnolia (Mags) and I are friends, co-workers and general co-conspirators. I introduced her to the joy and wonder that is Songfacts. She worships the quicksand I walk on because of it.

Edited by Guest
To include a shout out to my beautiful friend Mags.

I was looking for the meaning of Stairway To Heaven and ran into this site. I then asked about the meaning of Waiting For The Worms by Pink Floyd and got a bunch of great answers. I think I started actually posting about a year and a half ago. Sadly, I've barely made it past the 500 post mark.

Songfacts.com was one of my most frequented sites.

I came to the formum just a few months ago, when I wanted to know the name of a song in the film "The Mask" (It was "Hey Pachuco" ~ Royal Crown Revue :)) and I was very impressed, that Laurie answered me within 5 minutes :thumbsup: and I've been here ever since...

I received the majority of my posts in the Fun&Games forum and because in the beginning I had too much freetime... ;)

I don't even remember how many posts Edna had before they got eaten by the Godzilla-like appetite of the old boards. She is the über-poster. I want to be just like her when I grow up. :bow:

I want to be like Peachy when I grow up too! :grin: She´s one of the reasons I love this site so much.

:)

(The old server ate some 700/800 posts but I´m so rich I don´t care! ;) It ate also some of Peaches´and Radhi´s posts...)

I came to Songfacts after Googling a song to find out the full lyrics. I posted in the forum a couple of days after that and have kept returning on a near once-a-day basis every since. I will be making post number one thousand shortly. My longest post is about a thousand words and my shortest is 2 words.

Uncle Joe and I have been intimate for about 6 months now.

I kind of wandered through the door New Year's Eve morning, 2002. I was looking for tidbits on the Edmund Fitzgerald, and wound up staying. Peachy and I have been together since that night in July, '67, and Sue and I have a 2-headed love child.

Ken.

Andy, you promised not to tell.

While searching for lyrics I joined SF March 15, 2003. Started posting on the boards several months later.

I've made several friends here though I've yet to meet any in person. I look forward to that happening in the future.

It's really nice to know you.

~Joe~

PS: Folks, please stop sending me clothes.

I first joined in Febraury of '04, under another name, left for about 6 months, came back all shiny and new! Altogether I think I have about 6,000 odd posts. I've seen people come and go, but the cream of the crop seems to stick around, and that's good. We've developed a nice little community here, rt. I've made good friends, and though I haven't met anyone yet, I hope to change that in the next year! ;)

ps...don't send Joe anymore clothes. He's been naked since I've known him!

I haven't been here a year yet, but that is coming up soon! I found SF while surfing for the meaning of a song. A listener wanted to know what "Sussudio" meant, why I don't know but I found it here and have been around ever since. I wish I had found SF a long time ago, with being a DJ in radio it is a very helpful site!

I joined in September of '04 I think. I must have just surfed in for something and proceeded to do nothing for about 5 months.

I had used Yahoo music boards for years, but the people there were less than desirable. I came back to SF and noted the boards had nice activity.

Some noteworthy news item happened and I decided to add it to the News Section...I still do.

If you look at the Frapper Map, you'll see many SF'ers live close to me...but to date I haven't met anyone....I'll make a point of it though.