annoying dressing rooms

Evelyn

Yeah, he thinks of it as a "scratch 'n' sniff."

:laughing: :laughing:

Ron, you've been in rare form lately. Keep it up, you make me laugh!

Evelyn, they make everyone look terrble. White, pasty, fat. You'd think they would invest in a mirror to make you look nicely thin, and good lighting. I would think they would sell more. You wouldn't find out you look like crap until you got home!

Edited by Guest

They should have soft lighting and maybe some relaxing music playing so that trying on clothes is a soothing experience not the hassle it usually is.

I don't see too many of these anymore, but some places have fitting rooms that have no stalls, so everyone is changing in front of everyone else. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to have to see everyone else's cellulite!

at least you do it!

I hate going in there, and finding others left behinds....

I can't stand the "how many items" thing. I understand it, but no one is actually paying attention, and I want to take all my items at once! If I want to take a pair of pants and a blouse, in maybe 2 sizes, then I've gone over their 3 item limit.

You have a 3 item limit? In SA we have a 6 item rule, in the UK it seems to be 5. I hate the communal change room idea and never use them, same with the saloon style cover-nothing with a gap down the middle of the doors! What is the point of those? Also the ones with the curtains that don't close on the sides so they flap open when you are a little overzealous taking something off or turn around or someone walks past? Who designs these things?!

I have never had to use the saloon type doors, thank God!

And I had a nightmare about the curtain type dressing rooms once and now I'm petrified of them and will never ever use them.

I think I've been more fortunate with dressing rooms, because the ones I go to are the little room dressing rooms. I still have a slight phobia about the big mirrors and do a check for a hidden camera... just in case :blush:

the nicest dressing rooms i've ever seen were in monsoon in marble arch (i think) in london. there are around ten f them, really big and spacious with proper doors with peepholes so you can see who's outside before you open the door. they are each decorated in a different style like retro, with seventies style wallpaper and chair or silk, with silk on the walls. every dressing room has a proper chair and the lighting is nice and soft. and there's a special bridal dressing room which is bigger than the others, decorated in ivory and laid into the mirror there's a tiny television screen that was showing 'breakfast at tiffany's' when i was there. they really made shopping there an experience!!

that sounds cool, maybe i should go look for it!

i think you only get decent dressing rooms in proper shops, ie. the ones with customer service and the ones that only have 3-4 dressing rooms.

all the ones that have loads of dressing rooms (like h&m, topshop, zara, etc) have the curtain or the saloon door.

I still have a slight phobia about the big mirrors and do a check for a hidden camera... just in case :blush:

I once saw a 20/20 (I think) show where there was a family that rented a home, and after living there a year or so they discovered the owner of the home had hidden cameras set up behind the bathroom mirrors and in other places in the home. I've always thought of that when I've moved into a new place, so I check air vents, shower faucets... I'm paranoid.