Red Hot Red Hots

RonJonSurfer

Red Hot Chili Peppers Heat Up the Billboard Charts

'Stadium Arcadian' is their first #1 album in their 22 years together.

United Press International

Red Hot Chili Peppers' 'Stadium Arcadian' has become the veteran rock band's first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.

Five of the Chili Peppers' nine albums hit the top five, but the double-disc CD is the California's funk/rock outfit's first No. 1 in its 22 year years together, Billboard.com reported.

Pop divorcee Nick Lachey grabbed the No. 2 spot with 'What's Left of Me' followed by last week's No. 1 album, Tool's '10,000 Days,' which held onto the No. 1 on the Top Rock albums chart for a second week.

Jagged Edge's self-titled album entered the Billboard 200 at No. 4 while R&B veterans The Isley Brothers' 'Baby Makin' Music' entered the Top 200 at No. 5 and No. 1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Rascal Flatts' 'Me and My Gang' fell to No. 6 on the Billboard 200 but ruled the Top Country Albums chart for a sixth week.

The soundtrack to the Disney Channel's 'High School Musical' dropped to No. 7 and Pearl Jam's self-titled album dropped from No. 4 last week to No. 8 on the main albums chart.

The 21st 'NOW! That's What I Call Music' installment was No. 9 and the top tier of the Billboard 200 was filled out by the return of James Blunt's 'ack to Bedlam.'

Overall album sales rose 10 percent over the previous week at 11 million units but lagged 2 percent behind the 2005 overall with 203.2 million CDs sold.

Copyright Yellowbrix 2006

I have loved all their albums... each one of them! 'Tis why I completely trust my Peppers :D. Sure, Dani California, is this radio-friendly, easy-listening, mainstream type song... that doesn't stop me from loving it all the same :)