The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten Facts

"Quicksand Jesus" by Skid Row was written by Rachel Southworth and David Sabo. Dave 'Snake' Sabo of Skid Row: "'Quicksand Jesus' is about the bullsh*t said via the media, everything seems to be very hypocritical, saying one thing and doing another."

-Wiki-

The art for the album "Slave To The Grind" was done by Bach's father. It was a mural so it was wrapped around the inner sleeves of the album notes to show the artwork in it's entirety.

:shades:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too good to be true - Tom Petty

The 4th of 7 singles released from 1991s Into the Great Wide Open, it reached #34 in the UK, but was the only single from the album that failed to chart in the US. A live performance clip was aired in regular rotation on MTV & VH1 in early 1992.

The song is about a young lady who is suddenly going through a difficult time involving confusion about the circumstances, though what exactly transpired to cause the change of circumstances is never revealed by the narrator (Petty) and left to the listeners to use their imagination. Possibly to make the song's concept more relatable as well as adaptable to any personal experience.

"Rock N Roll Hootchie Koo"

Johnny Winter

Written by Rick Derringer.

Released as a track of "Johnny Winter And" in 1970. The album is a live performance from the Live Johnny Winter And tour, at the Fillmore East in October 1970.

The band included Rick Derringer and other former members of The McCoys.

"The first song I wrote for Johnny was 'Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo'. 'Rock and Roll' to satisfy the rock 'n' roll that I was supposed to be bringing into the picture, and 'Hoochie Koo' to satisfy the king of blues sensibility that Johnny was supposed to maintain. And it worked out great"

"The reviewers liked it. I didn't think 'Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo' would do as well as it did 'cause it was a little corny. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo. You don't ever know"

The Songfactor's Choice Top 10 #392

This week there is 7(seven) songs needing facts.

Songfactor's Choice Top 10 #392

1. Champagne Jam – Atlanta Rhythym Section (1978)

2. My Dying Time – Black Label Society (2014)

3. Working Class Hero – Green Day (2007)

4. I Go To Sleep – Ray Davies (1965)

5. Heading Out To The Highway – Judas Priest (1981)

6. Cats In the Cradle – Ugly Kid Joe (1992)

7. Back On Terra Firma – The Hellecasters (2007)

If you have any info on any of the songs mentioned anywhere in this thread, please feel free to post your knowledge here. Submissions on songs will be collated and sent to the main site and you will receive credit for your contribution.

As always the Songfish thanks you

:guitar: :drummer: :rock:

"Working Class Hero"

Green Day

Written by John Lennon. Here's some facts for the original song.

A track from the album "Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur", a compilation of covers by many artists for the Amnesty International's campaign for Darfur, released in 2007.

The single was released on May the 1st to be downloaded from the web.

It made #53 on Billboard Hot 100, #6 on Canadian Hot 100, #8 in Norway and #11 in Sweden.

On the radio it peaked at #10 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart and #18 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

"Cats In the Cradle"

Ugly Kid Joe

Wrtten by Harry and Sandra Chapin.

Here's some facts for the original version.

Ugly Kid Joe recorded their version for their debut album, "America's Least Wanted", in September 1992.

It was also released as a single, the second from the LP.

It made #6 on US Billboard Hot 100, #3 on US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks, #11 on US Billboard Top 40 Mainstream and #7 on the UK Singles Chart.

"Heading Out To The Highway"

Judas Priest

Written by G. Tipton, K. Downing, R. Halford.

A track of "Point of Entry", their 1981 album, recorded in 1980 in Ibiza, Spain.

The single, B-sided by "Rock Forever" and

"Hell Bent For Leather", both live, was released in 1981.

It made #10 on 10 on Billboard Top Tracks.

"I Go To Sleep"

Ray Davies

Written by Ray Davies.

It was never recorded by The Kinks. Though the demo, by just Ray Davies, was released as a bonus track when the album "Kinda Kinks" (from 1965) was re-released in 1998.

What do you think of this song edna? Have you heard it before, before I posted it? I think it's an amazing song! :D

The Songfactor's Choice Top 10 #393

This week there is 4(four) songs needing facts.

The Songfactor's Choice Top 10 #393

1. Better Days – Badfinger (1970)

2. Beautiful – Carole King (1971)

3. Machete – Buckethead (1998)

4. Monkey Business – Skid Row (1991)

If you have any info on any of the songs mentioned anywhere in this thread, please feel free to post your knowledge here. Submissions on songs will be collated and sent to the main site and you will receive credit for your contribution.

As always the Songfish thanks you

:guitar: :drummer: :rock:

Slave To The Grind - Skid Row

wiki says:

"Monkey Business" is a hit song by Skid Row. It was the first single from their second album, Slave to the Grind and marked their change from hard-hitting glam metal to overall heavy metal. The song is one of their best known songs. The single was released in 1991 and was written by bandmates Rachel Bolan and Dave "the Snake" Sabo. The song was the biggest hit on Slave to the Grind and although the song didn't make the top 40 it reached #13 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks and still gets heavy airplay on rock radio stations. The video got heavy rotation on MTV and catapulted the album to double-platinum status. Along with "Youth Gone Wild" from their first album, it is considered their signature song.

The song also charted at number #19 on the UK Singles chart."

No lyric interpretation found, although to me it seems to be about corporate take-overs of small businesses, etc. to keep a monopoly. I see mass advertising leading the people toward certain products too.