The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten Facts

"Until I Fall Away"

Gin Blossoms (1992)

Written by Robin Wilson and Jesse Valenzuela.

A track from their album "New Miserable Experience", released in August 1992.

The single included two versions of the song (the single and LP one) and was released in August 1993 as a CD.

It made #13 on the Modern Pop Charts and it was called "pure pop joy" on the Billboard review.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Until I Fall Away"

Gin Blossoms (1992)

Written by Robin Wilson and Jesse Valenzuela.

A track from their album "New Miserable Experience", released in August 1992.

The single included two versions of the song (the single and LP one) and was released in August 1993 as a CD.

It made #13 on the Modern Pop Charts and it was called "pure pop joy" on the Billboard review.

This song is about an ended relationship that he (the singer) can't let go of. He has doubts he will ever love somebody again the same way he did his previous partner. He partially blames his own mistakes but also for wanting her to be something she wasn't, all the while he believes that he can't change himself but wants for her to change him. The title "Until I Fall Away" refers to him waiting until enough time apart has taken place while his stress will fade away.

Come On Let's Go was a cover Of Richie Valens' 1958 hit. The song was written by Valens and peaked at #42 on The US Pop Charts.

The McCoys 1966 version peaked at #21. It was recorded on Bang records. The Flip side was Little People.

Just goes to show that you can make up anything & pass it off as fact on the internet. :laughing:

I've been looking around for the actual interview on Youtube, etc. with Malcolm & Angus talking about Ride On. Both guys were heavily influenced by blues guitarists & Bon had a love of the blues. This is the only song, however, with a "complete" blues feel.

I'll keep hunting for the interview...

From wikipedia...

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone who happens by that page, which while one of its charms, is also one of its drawbacks.

The first CD singles/albums weren't released until the early 1980s. In fact, the CD itself wasn't even developed until 1979.

You're right, the first CDs were from the late 70s and only for classic music. Wikipedia is wrong quite often and I'm not realising what I write many times as well.

That's why I like people to read the facts, add and correct.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

The Songfactor's Top 10 #378

This week there is 7(seven) songs needing facts.

1. You're All I've Got Tonight – The Cars (1978)

2. Your Love is Driving Me Crazy – Sammy Hagar (1983)

3. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere – The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (1989)

4. Holy Water – Bad Company (1990)

5. If You Want My Love – Cheap Trick (1982)

6. Love Is A Long Road – Tom Petty (1989)

7. You Baby – The Turtles (1966)

If you have any info on any of the songs mentioned anywhere in this thread, please feel free to post your knowledge here. Submissions on songs will be collated and sent to the main site and you will receive credit for your contribution.

As always the Songfish thanks you

:guitar: :drummer: :rock:

Edited by Guest

Love Is A Long Road - Tom Petty

This song is about a young man (possibly Petty in his youth) learning that love is a long term commitment after failing an ended relationship.

Legendary session drummer Jim Keltner played drums, maracas and tambourine for this track; he also previously recorded for the Beatles' solo albums, Elvis, and Bob Dylan as well as many other big names.

Peaked at #7 on the U.S. Mainstream Rock Tracks at the end of 1989 and is one of 7 songs from "Full Moon Fever" to chart, which is over half the album.

This week there is 7(seven) songs needing facts.

5. If You Want My Love – Cheap Trick (1982)

If you have any info on any of the songs mentioned anywhere in this thread, please feel free to post your knowledge here. Submissions on songs will be collated and sent to the main site and you will receive credit for your contribution.

As always the Songfish thanks you

:guitar: :drummer: :rock: