Maxim's 7th Annual "Hot 100"

RonJonSurfer

Maxim Magazine Unveils Their 'Hot 100' for 2006

Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria makes history by topping the list with the #1 spot for the second year in a row, the first time that Maxim has bestowed the honor back to back.

MAXIM Magazine, the #1 best-selling men's lifestyle magazine in the country and the world, unveils their highly anticipated 7th annual Hot 100 list.

"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria makes history by topping the list with the #1 spot for the second year in a row, the first time that Maxim has bestowed the honor back to back.

Rounding out the Top 10: MTV Movie Award host, Jessica Alba, (#2); Just My Luck's, Lindsay Lohan, (#3); Mr. and Mrs. Smith's, Angelina Jolie, (#4); "Dancing with The Stars," phenom Stacy Keibler, (#5); The Black Dahlia's, Scarlett Johansson, (#6); Shrek the Third's, Cameron Diaz (#7); Superman Return's, Kate Bosworth (#8); Pirates of the Caribbean's, Keira Knightley (#9) and hit R&B artist and Pulse's, Christina Milian (#10).

The MAXIM Hot 100 continues to be the barometer of Hollywood cool as it celebrates its 7th anniversary. Each year, MAXIM chooses 100 of the most successful women of the year in film, television, music, sports and fashion.

All of the women on the list have several things in common, a tremendous amount of buzz surrounding them, undeniable beauty and a promise of greater things to come. Editors are given the daunting task of selecting which of these women will keep people talking throughout the next year.

Longoria, who has seen her stardom rocket since the premiere of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" says of her back-to-back feat, "I was floored that Maxim named me #1 for the second year in a row! I hope that the San Antonio Spurs follow in my footsteps and repeat also!"

She continued, "MAXIM and their readers have been so amazing to me, not only have they made it possible to see me from space, but to choose me out of so many beautiful women for the second time is unbelievably flattering!"

Past #1 picks include, Jessica Simpson (2004), Christina Aguilera (2003), Jennifer Garner (2002) and Jessica Alba (2001). MAXIM selects women for the Hot 100 that they feel will break new ground in the years to come. In 2004, MAXIM first brought Eva Longoria to our attention (#91) before "Desperate Housewives" even existed. #2 Jessica Alba who not only was the first #1 Hot 100 girl, but year after year has continuously been in the Top 10, moving up this year to the #2 spot from #5 last year.

Notable omissions on this year's list include Britney Spears, new mom Katie Holmes, Jennifer Lopez and Salma Hayek.

Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 list Top 10:

1. Eva Longoria

2. Jessica Alba

3. Lindsay Lohan

4. Angelina Jolie

5. Stacy Keibler

6. Scarlett Johansson

7. Cameron Diaz

8. Kate Bosworth

9. Keira Knightley

10. Christina Milian

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Copyright Yellowbrix 2006

I always find these "collective opinion" lists amusing.

Why is their "collective opnion" anymore important or accurate than the opnions of a bunch of guys you could get off the street? Or women? I wouldn't debate anyone's inclusion on the list, good for them. But I think there are loads of others. I have always thought Alba is pretty though.....I know pretty is not actually the criteria.

Big boobs and junk in the trunk, Radhi. It's certainly a welcome change from some of the scrawny chicks on that list. I'm sure Marc will be along shortly with a lengthy dissertation on the subject.

You're right... most of them are freakishly skinny! Excepting this one and Angelina Jolie.

I feel like a hypocrite now.

Big boobs and junk in the trunk, Radhi. It's certainly a welcome change from some of the scrawny chicks on that list. I'm sure Marc will be along shortly with a lengthy dissertation on the subject.

A long dissertation will not be necessary after your concise description of the subject, Madam Peaches! I have to say it would be a tough call for me between Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johanesson. Fortunately for me, I will never have to make that choice.

they left out another quote from eva longoria which i thought was hilarious! to paraphrase she said something like 'there are definitely more beautiful women than me in the world - i can name ten.' only ten?! septic!!

I can name ten in my office that give her a run for the money.

Interesting list, but I don't really care for most of those women. I think Evangeline Lilly from LOST is worth the list and Halle Berry, yes she has been on many lists but shes is such a beauty and not the skinny-minny, she looks like a woman with curves and inner beauty too. Ok so I will admitt it, I love her, she doesn't have luck with guys tho....mmmmm....and she is from Ohio....mmmm....maybe I should give her a call!! :grin:

yes, halle is beautiful and evangeline 'freckles' lilly is very pretty. i love rachel mcadams, especially in 'the wedding crashers'. my boy's best friend thinks i look like scarlett but he's crazy. but i have a friend who looks really genuinely does look like her though - she was my roommate in new york. she's gooorgeous! (grr!)

yes, halle is beautiful and evangeline 'freckles' lilly is very pretty. i love rachel mcadams, especially in 'the wedding crashers'. my boy's best friend thinks i look like scarlett but he's crazy. but i have a friend who looks really genuinely does look like her though - she was my roommate in new york. she's gooorgeous! (grr!)

You two roaming New York, looking like that and you don't give me a call...I can be in Times Square in 20 minutes, come on now...