The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 11

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME WE TOOK SOME NOMINATIONS FOR TOP TEN #11. :)

P.S. It's fine to re-nominate any songs that haven't made one of our Top Tens.

Just thought I'd clarify that. Also, there's no 'restrictions' on nominations. Any era's fine. Keep putting on those 50s,60s & 70s. I still suggest that multiple nominations of the same Artist splits their vote though. (Just my opinion).

NOTICE TO ALL SONGFACTORS:

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN NOMINATING AND CHOOSING "THE SONGFACTORS CHOICE TOP TEN" ?

ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't prevously featured in other Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (which you can easily find in the ARCHIVE for this Topic)

AND

aren't currently in the Songfacts Daily or Weekly Top Tens. (They are the Main Charts - this is supplementary to them).

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in preference order from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

:)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks jman ! I changed my mind. I had two 80s songs, but with all the talk about Manfred Mann in the previous thread, I'm going with one of theirs + one great 80s song.

Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann (it was in the Movie "Stripes")

Centerfold - J.Geils Band

Jessie's Girl ~ Rick Springfield

Great song ! It'd be nice to have an Aussie at #1.

Might get the ladies' vote. Didn't he play a handsome Doctor in the T.V. soapie "General Hospital" ? And Crowded House are a mix of Aussies and Kiwis too !

;)

Great song ! It'd be nice to have an Aussie at #1.

Might get the ladies' vote. Didn't he play a handsome Doctor in the T.V. soapie "General Hospital" ? And Crowded House are a mix of Aussies and Kiwis too !

;)

ah yes....he was the VERY handsome doctor. I believe at the same time the song was released.

I have my 20 for the cd....

1. Dear Mr Fantasy

2. Captain Jack

3. My Generation

4. Sister Golden Hair

5. Build Me Up Buttercup

6. Kind of a Drag

7. Spirit in the Night

8. Roadhouse Blues

9. I'm Goin Home

10. Fairies Wear Boots

11. Bodhistavva

12. More Than A Feeling

13. Goodbye Stranger

14. groovin

15. Up On The Roof

16. Stand By Me

17. Reason To Believe

18. Ain't too Proud To Beg

19. Dance To the Music

20. Sentimental Lady

are these supposed to be in any particular order? I sure hope not. I'd like to make a cd of others' nominations....more of my favorite songs ended up on theirs!

My Title: Free and Easy

Edited by Guest
I had one song listed twice...thanks ol fifty

A combination effort between bluesy and Ron. From the 10 nominations you've made, put them together as a cd. Ron's going to tally them up, and discover who among us has the most similar musical tastes. A fun idea.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Yay for CDs!!!

20-Song CD

I have participated in just 5 Top Tens till date. Accordingly, I would have made a 10-song CD. However, since our dear Edna had beaten me to nominating Otis's (Sitting on) the Dock of the Bay, Ron, may I please add it and make mine an 11-song CD?

I'd like to list my songs in order of preference but that's really hard - (The list above just happens to be in alphabetical order). Let's just say mine would be a random-order-play CD, especially since I have one song/title twice on the CD. Here goes:

And I Love Her - The Beatles

Don't Forbid Me - Pat Boone

I Have A Dream - ABBA

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body - Bellamy Brothers

More Than I Can Say - Bobby Vee

More Than I Can Say - Leo Sayer

Oh Carol - Neil Sedaka

Reflections Of My Life - Marmalade

Room At The Top Of The Stairs - Eddie Rabbit

Simply The Best - Tina Turner

(Sitting On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding