Favorite album from your birth year

Batman

I couldn't find this page on Wikipedia. What is it called?

Type in the year you were born, then it will show you a page about that year. On the right side of the page there should be a box that says "1988(or whatever year you chose) by topic" then click music and it should tell you about music in that year, including albums released that year.

Here they are...1956!!!!

1 125 Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley...tracks...

Heartbreak Hotel

I Was the One

(with Heartbreak Hotel)

Hound Dog

Dont Be Cruel

(with Hound Dog)

Love Me Tender

I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again

Anyway You Want Me

(That's How I Will Be)

Blue Suede Shoes

Not bad at all!!!

Wow, I had more good albums to choose from than I thought.

1987 - My favourites:

U2 - The Joshua Tree

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

INXS - Kick

Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

I think I'll just have to scratch AFD and put The Joshua Tree in as my new favourite. But only just. The other two, while I haven't heard very much of either, I do really like the singles.

Thank you cs... I did not want to go through the effort of finding my own albums... I'll just pluck out the ones I like now:

The Joshua Tree

Kick (I did not know that was released in 1987)

Since I'm plagiarising... I'll add one or two of my own:

Faith - George Michael

Introduce Yourself - Faith No More

Document - R.E.M.

Wow... How can I NOT go with Dark Side of the Moon? I mean, it just hit 1500 weeks on the Billboard charts.. No album in history has ever come close to such a thing.. But I have to mention Houses of the Holy by the Mighty Zeppelin came out that year too. :)

Back in 1949, it wasn't unusual that the same one song could be a big hit for a number of different artists.

Bing Crosby and Doris Day were going strong.

Frankie Laine (Mule Train) and Dinah Shore were enjoying popularity.

But probably the coolest stuff happening was on the R&B charts.

AFD.jpgABC.jpg

Fats Domino’s career began in 1949 with The Fat Man, long considered one of the first rock ‘n’ roll records -- the first record with back beat all the way through.

John Lee Hooker's Boogie Chillen entered the Billboard R&B chart in January 1949, staying for 18 weeks and peaking at #1. Crawling King Snake Blues was another hit that year.

These songs first appearances on LP albums would be difficult to track down.

-------------------------------

Also interesting to me was the number of great performers born the same year:

Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Mark Knopfler, Rory Gallagher, Nick Lowe, Tom Waits, Rick Wakeman, Robert Palmer, Eddie Money, Gloria Gaynor, twins Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb (Bee Gees), Lionel Ritchie, John Belushi, Rick Springfield, Steve Perry, and Fontella Bass.

The only album I know well enough from 1989 is the first album of a group called DC Talk. Kinda lame, early rap/hip hop music, but I like it.

My 2 daughters bought and listened to DC Talk and got me interested in their music. I don't think they are "lame" at all! Very rich harmonizing as well as terrific voices individually; plus their song choices seemed to always be spot on for their talents. They mixed rap and melodic singing very fluidly. Good group. One of only a small cadre of rap artists I enjoy as well.