Your Favourite Music Videos

Farin

I could go on and on and on... literally :D

LOL; I hear ya' - It's hard to just list "a few" favorites. Unfortunately MTV no longer plays videos at convienant times & my cable provider doesn't broadcast M2 (which would actually be a motive to start watching tv as a lazyday hobby). VH1 has become a significantly better source of music television over the past 5 years or so IMO, as I remember that channel was pretty lame & weak 10-20 years ago, until they started to rock.

=:P I Want My MTV!!! back :rockon:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL; I hear ya' - It's hard to just list "a few" favorites. Unfortunately MTV no longer plays videos at convienant times & my cable provider doesn't broadcast M2 (which would actually be a motive to start watching tv as a lazyday hobby). VH1 has become a significantly better source of music television over the past 5 years or so IMO, as I remember that channel was pretty lame & weak 10-20 years ago, until they started to rock.

=:P I Want My MTV!!! back :rockon:

Actually, M2 is now called MTV2 and it's just as bad as MTV. What you want is MTV Hits, which was what MTV would be like if they had left it alone, but I think it's starting to suck. And if you want to watch old-school videos from the 1980's, check out VH1 Classic!

Actually, M2 is now called MTV2 and it's just as bad as MTV. What you want is MTV Hits, which was what MTV would be like if they had left it alone, but I think it's starting to suck. And if you want to watch old-school videos from the 1980's, check out VH1 Classic!

Where do I find all these channels ??

Are they available through a satillite provider or are they serviced through cablebox? I live in a remote location where only certain providers are available for connection.

I mostly watch music videos on www.youtube.com.

If you have a broadband connection take a look Here.

(on the right you can click on "TV: Music")

That's a list of straming music channels, I don't know anything about the quality, though. But I guess a look won't hurt...

Pulp ~ Disco 2000

coincidently I just nominated the song in our Top Ten :angel:

Edited by Guest
You wouldn't believe it, even if I'd tell you...

edna]Too bad I didn´t have you.tube when I was in school... we would have loved to see this one...

I've always wondered who aired music videos before MTV. I know that Bob Dylan, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Carol King, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, etc. made music videos during the 70's, but not many had the privilige of viewing them.

There were shows like Night Flight, MV3, and Don Kirshners Rock Concert. They were what MTV came from, I think.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/n/nightflight.htm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411010/

http://www.jumptheshark.com/d/donkirshner.htm

Thanks for the invaluable info MarcM, I recall a show called Friday Night Videos that aired on NBC during the late 70's through the late 90's. They had a call-in hotline where viewers could vote on their favorite pick for the week. It's a damn shame they cancelled that show, it was a piece of Visualized Music History.

• 2 weeks later...