So What's The Deal?

TheLizard

I'd like to know some things about this site. I searched the internet for sites where I could discuss music with other musically-inclined people such as myself, and I stumbled across this site. I signed in, but then I kind of forgot that I did it. I'm pretty sure I never even posted. I was just wondering what this site is like. I've experienced a few other music forum's where people are just plain rude most of the time. Looking through some of the threads on this site it seems pretty friendly, but I don't know if the group is so tight-knit that it is hard to get involved. I'm also wondering about the age range. (I'm 16, I like mostly older music) So what's the deal? Is this what I'm looking for, or should I move on to look for something else?

Liz, you've found the right place! We are nothing if not welcoming and friendly. We've had people as young as 12 and the oldest I know of is 60+. I think the youngest members right now are 15-16. Some of the most knowlegable and capable people are the younger ones. One of our Mods is 16. You'll find old people that like younger music, and young that like older. Some people come and some go, but the majority stay, because we tend to welcome and treat people with kindness and respect. Not to say we don't have our dissagrements, but they are mostly discussions about music. We try to keep it a place where anyone can come, and not be offended, or patronized, no matter what their tastes or age. The musical tastes here run from oldies, to classic rock, to blues and prog rock, and everything in-between. There is something for everyone, and we try to include everyone. Plus we just plain like to have fun!!!

Stick around Liz....welcome to songfacts!! :grin:

Yes, Lizard... welcome :)

We're a pretty good group. There are a few of us here who will test you ;) but just bear in mind that 99% of what people say on these boards is all in good humor, education and fun. None of us is mean, even though a couple of us like to pretend we are. :grin:

You're right Lizard, there are a lot of other music forums to chose from across the interweb.

Most of them that I have looked into (I'm a curious being :) ) have been either strained for good conversation, cliquey, boring, like a singles bar or badly run with flamers and spammers and personal attacks on your music taste (or anyone new) being the norm.

We don't all get along here all the time, but we sure try to!

For Music Discussion, you can't beat it. Same goes for Music News, Album Reviews and the running Top 10 list. We definitely let our hair down in Random Thoughts and Fun & Games, where you're most likely to get to know us above and beyond our music affinities. Creative Writing boasts some incredible talent, maybe you'd like to share something you have penned there too?

There are many imitations out there, but there is only one Songfacts.

:D

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here :headphones:

Welcome to songfacts, Lizard. It does take a little bit to get into the rhythm of the place here, but the trick is to post a lot where you can, and you'll find your niche.

Nobody here is nasty and we don't pick on new people just 'cause they're new. Also, feel free to start new discussions. Once in a while, the pot needs a little stirring, you know....

I'm a little uncomfortable calling our new best friend "Liz" because I believe he's a he and not a she. In any case, howdy, Mr. Lizard, sir. :grin: Welcome to the asylum.

Well most people just call me Tim, but i think I could get used to "Mr. Lizard, Sir". :cool: