Cosmetic surgery

Jenny

ron!! :laughing:

i was just thinking about this today - i don't think i would ever get cosmetic surgery but if i did it would probably be something to my chin - i wish my profile was more defined! but cosmetic surgery has gone too far in so many cases so i probably would never get it done, just out of pronciple. and it seems somewhat churlish to risk your life going under the knife for the sake of vanity. in the majority of cases, a masterclass in how to apply make-up, a consultation with a stylist and a frequently-used gym membership will achieve better results than plastic surgery and in a healthier and more natural way. people have gotten too lazy and want instant gratification which is while many people take the easy way out of cosmetic surgery. on the other hand for some people it is carefully considered. but i would rather spend the money on good clothes and expensive shoes... if i had that money, that is! and usually cosmetic surgery for reasons of vanity doesn't actually solve the problem - people just find something new to obsess about. so probably no!

I agree with you, Gisela. In my cousin's case, she started regaining the weight and had liposuction!!!! I would think that after having that drastic a surgery as gastric bypass, you'd do all you could to change the behaviors that got you to that point in the first place, but I guess with her schedule and busy hours, it was too hard for her.

Still, if I could, I would get my "wings" done. I call them wings, because when I raise my arm to say goodbye, they flap in the breeze. I would probably also lipo my inner thighs....the idea of a facelift scares me!!!

Like Peaches, after gravity setting in, I'd have a "couple" things lifted If I had the money. I don't have a problem with anyone else doing anything....whatever makes you feel good about yourself you should do. Some of these people that get themselves addicted to cosmetic surgery I don't understand though. You are who you are.

no, if i ever have money spare i'd probably spend it on something more practical, and i don't think i'll ever be that unhappy with myself to do that, it always makes me so sad watching shows like extreme makeover where those people have such little self esteem and are so down on themselves because of their looks.