Best band in your opinion

GCdreamer1979

It might be better to start a thread along the lines of...'if you could only ever listen to one band ever again...who would it be?'

I guarantee...if it was Mudvane you'd go completely mad with boredom and despair....oddly enough, personally, U2 would do the same to me....Radiohead I could probably stomach for a while (perhaps a goodly while)....but, just think about it....forever, forever, forever ....aaaaaargh!!!!!

:)

It might be better to start a thread along the lines of...'if you could only ever listen to one band ever again...who would it be?'

....but, just think about it....forever, forever, forever ....aaaaaargh!!!!!

:)

Hey johnny! Good to see you posting again. I've missed ya', bud! ;)

I was just about to suggest, for myself KILLING JOKE, but....hmmmm...forever and ever, amen??? I dunno 'bout that.

I feel I have to list a few in order:

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Beatles

4. Pink Floyd

5. The Who

All British, as I expected.

Best current band (judging on releases in the past 10 years): Powderfinger (Australian).

Edited by Guest

... and BADFINGER :rockon: :shades:

no seriously, I don't think I could choose just one group or artist to hear the rest of my life, it would just be unfair to all the wonderful musicians I love...

oh it's like choosing favourite children

Exactly!

I think that this is where these threads lose the plot....imagine you HAD TO...you've got only one choice and you've gotta go for it...you can't just sit there and say ''I just can't do it'.....would you let ALL your kids die rather than save one?....not a very sensible decision...you've gotta go for it! Otherwise, what's the point? :P

I don't HAVE TO do anything. My bands are not my children. I treat them much better than I would ever treat my children (ugh). If I had to save one 'child' as you say, I'd save the one that was best behaved and most sensible so that they'd deal better with the loss of their siblings.

My top 10 (Some of these can be interchangeable, but this is more or less the order):

10. Red Hot Chili Peppers

9. The Who

8. AC/DC

7. Aerosmith (best concert I've ever seen)

6. Bruce Springsteen

5. The Beatles

4. Pink Floyd

3. The Rolling Stones

2. The Doors (hence the screenname, get it?)

1. Led Zeppelin