• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Children of the revolution - T-Rex

Goodbye yellowbrick road - Elton John

edna: (Sittin' on) the dock of the bay - Otis Redding

katie: Fox On The Run - Sweet

Four more I can cross off MY Lista (Lista ones I was gonna nominate).

:)

That's two weeks in a row that Uncle Joe has nominated one song that was on my list. I will be working on which Songfactor's taste runs closest to another based upon voting here, during this week. I would not be too surprised to find a musical link to Joe. But, that's all ... it's just musical.

Let It Be Me - Everly Bros.

Girl From Ipanema - Astrid Gilberto

Hey guys I have deciphered the new format. Looks like everything is a Go for our 10th set of nominations.

1. Peggy Sue by Buddy Holley. One of the founding fathers of the Rock-A-Billy movenment.Holley tore them up with Peggy Sue in the Apollo Theater in Harlem. He had everyone dancing in the aisles.

2. I will try a girl group for once. Reflections by The Supremes. A great song and the theme song for a great TV show "China Beach" staring the stunning Dana Delaney.

rtstuff

Here are my 2:

"While You See A Chance" by Steve Winwood. Yesterday, I spoke with Will Jennings, who wrote the lyrics. Now that I understand "Find romance, fake it," the song makes a lot more sense to me. It comes from a British expression "Fake it 'til you make it" and makes sense in the context of the song. We are going to have some spectacular Songfacts from Mr. Jennings.

After Chris' performance on Idol, I was also going to go with "Suspicious Minds," but instead, I'll go with "Stay With Me" by The Faces, because of the line, "Let's go upstairs and read my pile of poems." That and there isn't much else that rocks with such attitude.

By the way, I think it's the end of the road for Elliott, who was great to watch because he looks like he has no idea what he's doing out there until he sings. I was glad to see that beat out the packaged cheese of Ace.