Local Artists

Danielj

Is there any local artists that you really like? Here are MySpace URL's for some bands/artists around my hometown. I play in a band with Trevor Howlett now, and we play those 3 songs.

www.Myspace.com/trevorhowlett

www.myspace.com/soupband

Myspace.com/genuhfur

www.myspace.com/blowngasketorchestra (I never knew him, he moved away, but if you like instrumental and jazz, he's a genius. I can't get over it. He plays all the instruments and is incredible.)

I'll have one up soon, and i'll post it

Nice Nice

Nice Nice are somewhere on that website, they are a noise/jazz/improvisational/rock band that draws a lot of influence from 80's Talking Heads. It's like "Remain In Light" meets Frank Zappa...kind of. You ought to hear it for yourself. There's a lot going on, and you have to pay very close attention. My favorite songs are "Look You're On TV" and "Nein"

When I was a teener, the two big local bands were some guys called called Bon Jovi and this other dude, Bruce Something.....They played 100's of local gigs and I hear they OK for themselves.

I personally liked two bands called Fugue and Sweet Buns, much better, but they didn't do as well.