Straight From Micks Lips....

Lucky

A series of quotes from Mick Jagger...at least the man's honest, if a little shortsighted....

"People have this obession: They want you to be like you were in 1969. They want you to, because otherwise their youth goes with you."

"I'd rather be dead than singing 'Satisfaction' when I'm forty-five."

"You get to the point where you have to change everything - change your looks, change your money, change your sex, change your women - because of the business."

"Sometimes an orgasm is better than being onstage. Sometimes being onstage is better than an orgasm."

"Fame is like ice cream, it's only bad if you eat too much."

"The best Rock n Roll music encapsulates a certain high energy - an angriness - whether on record or onstage. That is, Rock n Roll is only Rock n Roll if it's not safe."

"When I'm 33, I'll quit. That's the time when a man has to do something else. I can't say what it will definately be. It's still in the back of my head - but it won't be in show business. I don't want to be a Rock n Roll star all my life. I couldn't bear to be an Elvis Presley and sing in Las Vegas with all those housewives and old ladies coming in with their handbags. It's sick." (1972)

and my personal favorite...

"Of course we're doing this for the money...We've always done it for the money."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...