Why Hendrix idolized Buddy Guy..

Great videos, Ron! The influence on Hendrix is obvious. I always felt Buddy Guy and Buddy Miles should have gotten together. They could have been terrific buddies! Imagine if they had done "Down By The River" together? wow ...

Might as well throw in Buddy Rich while you're at it!

Buddy Guy is awesome. I've seen him several times in concert and he never ceases to amaze me.

Last time was in September at an outdoor music festival. We were way in the back, picnic style with the baby. There was a disturbance in the crowd and everyone was looking off to the side and standing. My first instinct was a fight, but it was Buddy. He walked down through the crowd and right in front of us, jamming the whole time. He's a very consummate performer.

I saw him do that at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ. He took his guitar wireless and walked up the aisle, through the lobby and out onto the side walk...he came back down the aisle where i was sitting and stopped three feet away from me and started playing another solo...everybody needs to see Buddy play...

• 1 month later...