FYI: Van Morrison on CMT

bazooka

borrowed from the 'Announcements' thread:

I think I heard Van Morrison's March 7 concert at Ryman Auditorium is to be televised tonight. Did I hear that right? Does anyone know which network? I'd like to get someone to record it.

Here's the lowdown

--------------------------------

and The Van Morrison website says:

Additional details on the CMT broadcast (titled "One Night In Nashville") scheduled for Friday: it will be a 30-minute show, featuring 4 songs; 'Playhouse', 'There Stands The Glass', 'This Has Got To Stop' and 'Till I Gain Control Again', together with the interview.

The Van Morrison program replays several times on Sunday, and beyond.

I'd forgotten CMT was included in my basic cable package, and that is not at all a narrowly defined 'Country' music network. After Van Morrison on Friday, they ran their show called Crossroads : this one featured Bonnie Raitt and Lyle Lovett (others scheduled are Pat Benatar with Martina McBride; Heart with Wynonna)

Also currently showing is a behind the scenes look at the making of Bruce Springsteen's The Seeger Sessions album.

On the CMT website, there is even a brief interview with Neil Young about his recent concert film. And you can navigate around in the TV schedule to what's coming up when.

CMT is my favorite network as far as music goes. I don't watch videos, etc, but the specials are great. I'm not really an MTV kind of girl anymore, maybe sometimes VH1. Crossroads used to be something I would watch fairly regularly. I've always found CMT to be fairly well rounded, and enlightening as far as being able to see the genre-crossing, and the influences at play in the evolution of music styles.

I had a feeling that was the network. I don't have cable anymore, that's the problem. I got it recorded...Thanks again!