The Beatles would have reunited...IF!

Mike

I'm looking for collaboration on my theory that IF John had not been murdered in 1980 that more than likely they would have reunited at some level, (even if not toured or recorded new material) in the mid-eighties. That given Johns state of mind just before his death he would have actually been a catalyst in reunitng the fab four in the mid-eighties. Am I off or do you think I have a some insight into the way John was changing? Mellowing? Maybe growing up?

I remember saying years ago when I was a kid that if the Beatles ever got back together they could sell out Yankee stadium nightly for years.

As the Beatles all went their different ways in the seventies I think they were all happy with what they were doing as soloists. The Beatles had accomplished more than any other band in their short time together and I doubt they would have returned to the same level after so many years.

One of the reasons the Beatles are legends is they did what they wanted to do and then moved on. Their split moved them in different directions. Paul and Ringo's music were more of the top 40 sound while John and George's music were more deeper and though they too made the top 40 their songs were not poppish. There were four different sounds which at one time created great albums but I have always respected the fact they were all in need of putting out their own songs as soloists.

I do not believe the Beatles would have ever gotten back together to create new albums.

I do not think they would have reunited either. I think that John would have been the big one against this especially with how he was tired of the Beatles by the end of it all, even though Paul and George might not have wanted to reunite either. I think Ringo would be the only one that you could definitely say would want to reunite considering he played and was in videos w/ both Paul and George. They may have gotten together for something like a mtv special or maybe one of the Live 8 concerts, we can only wonder

Edited by Guest

Hey Jimmy1104 You mentioned the Beatles selling out Yankee Stadium. I once heard a trivia question that asked which rock group sold out Shea Stadium the fastest, and contrary to what we all might think it was not the Beatles, but instead it was Grand Funk Railroad. I thought that was very interesting music trivia.

rtstuff