AI Spoiler Thread

Elvish

we'll get that episode tomorrow but i'm not fussed about knowing who goes or stays. i don't mind paris leaving although she has a lot of talent and definitely does a great job of jazz standards. her intonation has been hit and miss for a while and she's been over-singing the big songs, with too much melisma and ornamentation. also she can't sing in a soft voice - she always has to belt it. but still like her a lot. peaches, i didn't notice her being obnoxious? what happened?

chris had a great song the other week ' if you really love a woman' - it did him a lot of favours and pulled him back fromte edge for me - he was spoiled with the instrumentation too, hving those spanish guitarists on his side!

i love elliott and i want him to win!

here is my assessment:

elliott: not as amazing as he usually is. his tuning was a bit off on the first song. i liked how the second song was understated and really showed off the gorgeousness of his voice.

chris: i'm not feeling it. i like him, he looks great and has the attitude to front a rock band but i don't like his song choices at all.

katherine: 'against all odds' was awful. the kt tunstall was good but it's not such a hard song to sing.

paris: it was actually one of her better weeks. she wass great at the mary j. blige song.

taylor: overall i enjoyed him the most. he had fun on the first song and sang beautifully on 'something'.

when you consider the fact that these are the final five on american idol, the standard is really quite poor. i mean, despite being extremely self-deprecating when it comes to my vocal abilities, i could honestly say that i could have sung better than four out of five of them and that should never be the case!

I think Chris and Katherine will be the final two but that make me depressed because I love Taylor and I don't want him to go.

I remember when he auditioned, Simon turned him down saying he wouldn't make it to the top 12.

So i expect Elliot to be next and then Taylor. Unless one of the other two slips up.

And I'm quite glad Paris is gone. I expected her to be next and her performance wasn't at all up to par. She has a great voice, but she's too young to have formed any character of her own. So when she talks and when she sings she sounds so different that it makes you feel a bit uneasy and I expect that's where she lost her audience.

aaaaaawwww peaches, i'm sorry. look at it this way, now he won't be so busy with all that idol stuff he can spend his time lavishing attention on you. he made it really far and got the most incredible exposure an artist would ask for - now he can do everything on his own terms with the diehard fans to back it up!

btw is it possible to block my access to this thread for the next few weeks? i just can't stop myself but i don't want to know! i have no self-control!

Thanks for your heartfelt sympathy, ladies. I'm wearing black today to express my deep anguish. Sweet Gisela, I'm sorry that I don't know how to make you stay out of here. If it's any consolation, I won't be watching it anymore, so you won't get any spoilers out of me. Mags, bless you for that wonderful picture of that beautiful, bald man. We may have to go to the Idols concert this summer just so I can throw my panties at him.

i'm sad :( elliott had an off week but he didn't deserve to go before kat. she was only lucky she did that amazing 'somewhere over the rainbow' virtuoso performance. i wish he wasn't gone :( but i'm so thrilled taylor's in the final - i want him to win!!!

I LOVE Taylor! I keep thinking of his audition, when Simon didn't put him through and told him that Randy and Paula wouldn't put him through to the top 24.

I love moments like those.

Elliot's performance was the weakest. I'd expect him to go. The other two had a gimmick. And then Elliot had to do 'Open arms' which is close to impossible.

But those final figures make it clear that no one contestant was clearly better. I was gaping at the numbers!

i know, it was incredibly close. but i thought eliott sang open arms beautifully - it was his own choice and the stupid song paula gave him that let him down. based on the night's performances he deserved to go but in general he has so much more to offer than katharine. i love him!!!!! i want him to do well now anyway, he deserves it!