Please, Please!

rtstuff

Tell all of your children that are of driving age to please drive carefully. I just lost two of my high school students this weekend in a terrible tragic car accident this past weekend. I am really distraught about this happening. One of the little girl's mother I had in school many years ago.

Please tell your kids to be alert when they drive. These kids had been up all night at a friends house and on the way home early Sunday morning the young girl driving fell asleep at the wheel. The other young lady was already asleep.

rtstuff

that's awful. I hear about high school kids dying in car accidents about every year, but it's usually because they were messing around or there was drinking involved - either themselves or, as happened here last year, the other driver was drunk and killed one of a set of twins, the other twin was hospitalized for months afterwards.

It's a dangerous, dangerous time of life, and I'm not looking forward to my son hitting that stage in just over 3 short years.

My thoughts are with you, rt.

That´s one of the worst things that could happen... kids are getting killed on the road every week. And grown-ups too, and I believe that if everybody respected the rules a 100 percent maybe there would be no car accidents...

rt, I am very sorry to hear about this. I can imagine how hard it is for you. When I was fifteen a girl at my school was killed in a car accident. I remember the school went into total lockdown as tv crews appeared at our school gates.

I also remember the support the teachers provided to the students and how they came early, stayed late and allowed us to do what we had to do. It would have been extremely hard for them and they performed duties over and above what they were required to do.

My heart goes out to you rt, I can clearly remember how much this shook us all at the time. It is a hard thing to deal with when you're that age, the realisation that you're not invincible.

My sympathies, rt, in high school I lost classmates to illnesses, car accidents and drug overdoses and all are equally devastating.

Becoming a parent has changed my perspective when I am in the car. I try not to let the little things get to me and in merging situations, if someone wants to push me, and they're out of turn, I let them go. I would feel terrible if my child got hurt just because I was having a "showdown" with another driver.