Who is (or was) the worlds best guitarist?

Jillianne

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, man roots are awsome if your talking eddie van halen and jimmy hendrix but there are greater guitarists than jimmy hendrix like Yngwie Malmsteen. Now if u watch him and u watch eddie they are basicly the same guitarist they're both technicly advanced and obsessive compulsive.

OK, I think everybody agrees that Jimi Hendrix's best guitaring piece is Voodoo Child (Slight Return) and everybody agrees that Eddie Van Halen's Best guitaring piece is Eruption. Now, whoever can listen to both of those and actualy say Hendrix is better, should not be talking about guitarists because you need to do some serious research. And please ,don't play the, well Hendrix was the first good guitarist to blow peoples minds. Because you have to think about Les Paul and Chuck Berry. They had it harder than Hendrix because they had to pioneer and Industrialize the electric Guitar. And they had to come up with some sweet licks w/o anyone to copy.

I'm probably dating myself, but who the h*** are Linkin Park?

As for those people who like Eric Johnson, I agree. I had not heard of him until I saw the Crossroads Guitar Festival. He is an amazing guitar player. Unlike Steve Vai (who also appeared at the festival) who plays songs with no discernible melody, Johnson is both fast and lyrical. IMO, other great guitarists are:

Johnny Winter

Alvin Lee

Django Reinhart

Jeff Healey

Eric Clapton(this guy is so much better live than he is on his studio recordings)

Angus Young

Jimmy Page

SRV

Mark Knopfler

Vince Gill

There are many others, but these are some of my favourites.

:guitar:

Thats true! Have you heard Eric Clapton Unplugged CD? I have it and its awesome! :headphones: :guitar:

Yes. I have the CD and you're absolutely right! It's excellent. If you like great guitar playing, check out the CrossRoads Guitar Festival DVD. You can get order it online at Amazon for about $20 US. It has 2 to 3 hours of great music on it. Santana and Clapton jam for about 10 minutes on a song called Jingo. Amazing!!! :thumbsup:

Yes. I have the CD and you're absolutely right! It's excellent. If you like great guitar playing, check out the CrossRoads Guitar Festival DVD. You can get order it online at Amazon for about $20 US. It has 2 to 3 hours of great music on it. Santana and Clapton jam for about 10 minutes on a song called Jingo. Amazing!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip CanAm...I think canadians are extremely smart with our music...agreed? ;) ;) ;)

And anyway, there are lots of other sweet guitarists like Jimmy Page, who is actually my personal favorite, THEN Hendrix...I'd like to see how many people think Jimi is better then Eddie... :: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

I would also like to see who likes Hendrix more than Eddie Van Halen...(give a response)