What is the biggst show you have participated in?

Danielj

I don't sing, play an instrument or perform in any way. But I have participated in a really big show. I was at the Concert which was filmed for the George Thourogood DVD "Live In 99"

We had second row center seats, they had brought in more seats to be closer to the stage since they were filming. Made a big deal of everyone being up and dancing the whole time for the show. Don't have to tell me twice. I ended up on camera throughout the entire video. Ol Georgie and I had an eye thing going, and he tossed his slide thing to me. Of course the 18 year old next to me had to be slick and grab it, but Georgie made it clear it was for me. Rent the DVD, I'm all through it. Does that count as participation? :)

I just said.."you know that was mine"...In typical adult fashion he responded "not anymore".

It's ok, When the band came off the stage at the end of the show, they shook hands with everyone close. Ol George told me he'd like to kick that kids a**. Said I deserved it, and it was meant for me. That made it worth it. ;)

Truthfully Shawna, I already had enough of George's sweat on me. We were close enough that every time he flipped his hair out of his eyes that sweat came raining down. That was a little gross.

Edited by Guest
cause shawna would like her name spelled right

The station that I worked at a couple of years ago was classic rock/new rock and we had a Sunday night show for local bands, which I hosted and produced. Well we had so many CD's sent it, we wanted to showcase the local bands. We did a battle of the bands for 6 weeks, two bands playing every Saturday night. I was in charge of selecting band CD's for my co-workers to listen to for the final 12 bands. I pretty much organized everything after that and I was even one of the 5 judges. It was hard work, but fun! The bar was packed, it was a ski lodge and we did it during the winter. The bands loved playing in front of people who were new to their music. The grand prize was to play at a local festival as the headling act. I love local bands, they are in it for the music and having a good time. I made many friends with the musicians, and you couldn't ask for a better group of people to hang out with. The one other time, this same station threw a listener appreciation party and in front of 3,000 listeners, I sang Me and Bobby McGee!! I had a few shots of Jack in me, but no one booed and I got compliments afterwards. Those are times I will always remember! No huge crowds like 10,000 but both events were big in our town!