What would be the top ticket price?

Sweet Jane 61

The most I've paid is about $90 a ticket to see Paul McCartney, but I would've gone higher for him. Yes, it's a ripoff, but it was worth it to me.

Clear Channel seems to have a monopoly on concert promotion as well, so they'll probably stay high. Production costs are certainly high, but the days of touring just for the sake of promoting an album (or, perish the thought, playing music) seem to be over. With record sales in the toilet touring is the way these people can still make the big bucks. And I'm fine with that, but how about giving away albums now and making the money on tour? Don't try to screw us at both ends. :)

You got that right Das, being screwed at both ends, not right at all to the fans. As for Clear Channel, they make it almost impossible for stations not in their "family" to get tickets to give away for concerts. They have such a tight grip and when you actually to get to talk to a promotions rep you have to give your soul to get a handful of tickets to give away. But don't get me going on Clear Channel, it will not be nice or pleasant!

Prince gave away copies of his album Musicology on his latest tour.

My husband offered to take me to see Billy Joel, since I love him, but $100 to sit in the nosebleed seats and watch a video screen???? I did that for $75 at a Rolling Stones concert a while ago and for me, no, it wasn't worth it.

I'd rather pay the money for a concert DVD...sure, you don't get the "experience" of being there, but you can rewind and there's no one in front of you holding up their phone so their friends can see or hear.

the most i've ever paid was £36 to see the cure. well, i didn't pay, my brother gave me enough money for two tickets because he knows i'm a bit stingy! he also took me to see the rolling stones and that was probably more expensive.

come to think of it, the most i've ever paid was to see radiohead because i lost my ticket and had to buy another one! probably the equivalent of £50

gigs are getting more and more expensive, madonna's one was a big issue here because it cost £180!

We paid almost $300 each. for Eagles tickets. Metallica tickets were $90 (but they were nosebleed section ones), $110 for Kiss, $70 for The Bangles and $155 for the Rolling Stones.

$400 would probably be my limit. Remember, this is Australian dollars, which work out (at the moment) to be 70c in the US dollar, so 1 Australian dollar = 70 US cents.

I have to say I am cheap I guess. I would love to see Bruce Springsteen on this new tour, but tickets are $92.50 plus service fee. I won't pay it, I have seen him 5 times, but I will not pay that price for a ticket. I paid $80 for Don Henley in 2000, it was an outdoor setting with just the pavilion seats being sold. I was 20 rows back and loved every minute. Would I pay that again?? I would have to be someone really special, and the artists I would pay major bucks to see are all dead.

Factoring in the at-the-time steep(er) Canadian:U.S. exchange rates, fees, whatnot, I paid 500.00 Canadian dollars for a single ticket to see Kiss, the Reunion show opener, Tiger Stadium, June 28th '96. I remember we had to finally use Tickets Plus (in my best commercial hucksters voice) "Premium guaranteed seats at premium prices". I would have paid twice that at the time. Now, I'd probably buy the DVD, and spend the rest on a vacation to somewhere warm...

Ken.

I am so glad that my favorite guy plays small venues and charges about $20 per ticket. It's standing room only, but for a venue that holds only about 300 people - if that - and an incredibly rocking good show - not a bad view in the house, I'd pay much more. Good for me that Roger's a cheap date. :grin:

I did, however, pay $80 per ticket back in '85 for 4th row on the floor Stevie Nicks tickets. Her "Rock A Little" tour. Would have been a great night if the guy directly in front of me hadn't been 6'7" and insisted on standing the entire time, blocking my view totally.

I agree with you Sweet Jane the prices are way to high. I think the public is getting ripped off. The highest I paid was 65 for the Eagles in Columbus Ohio and we were in right field.

I would love to see other shows. I just think that a large group of music fans are being out priced at many venues.

rtstuff

I am so glad that my favorite guy plays small venues and charges about $20 per ticket. It's standing room only, but for a venue that holds only about 300 people - if that - and an incredibly rocking good show - not a bad view in the house, I'd pay much more. Good for me that Roger's a cheap date. :grin:

I did, however, pay $80 per ticket back in '85 for 4th row on the floor Stevie Nicks tickets. Her "Rock A Little" tour. Would have been a great night if the guy directly in front of me hadn't been 6'7" and insisted on standing the entire time, blocking my view totally.

Roger played locally recently and tickets were $15. That's a steal.

I wouldn't pay some of these ticket prices unless I was given a spot in the band.

rt...you are right, we are being ripped off and for me to say that is hard. I love music so much and respect so many artists but it isn't fair to the people who helped them get where they are today. John Mellencamp put a cap on prices last summer at $48 I think, close to that, and that needs to be done for all concerts. Someday no one will pay the high price, well not as many.

I don´t know much about ticket prices as I don´t go to concerts very often by now, and when I used to go every night I had always free tickets or backstage passes, but I know it´s very expensive to bring a band and their roadies/manager/tehchnicians/etc on a plane, plus hotels, food and other things. So I believe the tickets should be cheaper in America when it´s an American band playing or in England if it´s an English band and so on.

I paid $20 for a ticket to a Blues Fest here in Ohio. And I will be seeing 6 acts. Now that is what I am talking about with ticket prices! Plus it runs all day, and that will be fun. Here are the acts, some blues lovers may know some....

The Patrick Sweany Band

Chris Canas & the Blues Revolution

Willie Pooch and the Upsetters

Mississippi Heat with Lurrie Bell

John Primer & the Real Deal Blues Band

Joe Bonamassa