What is your one favourite band of all time?

Jillianne

Hard to say really.

Overall Fav band, I would have to say one of the following (in no particular order):

The Who

Pink Floyd

Bob Dylan

Dave Matthews

Bruce Springstein

The Cure

Creedance Clearwater Revival

Overall favorite song of all time:

Miracles - Jefferson Starship (By a longshot)

My favorite intro to a song:

Steely Dan - "Do it again" (By a longshot)

Fav. inspirational song:

Van Morrison - "Did Ye Get Healed"

Fav. sad song:

Fleetwood Mac - "Songbird"

Fav. Singers:

Marty Balin, Van Morrison, Mickey Thomas, and others.

-Scott

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My favorite band is Pink Floyd and I love most everything by them. I also love Zeppelin's All My Love and Skynyrd's Freebird and Tuesday's Gone which are very important to me. Melt With You is my favorite 80s pop song... also love Nirvana, Soundgarden, Offspring, Pearl Jam, Thin Lizzy, Beatles, Bob Seger, and The Doors. :rockon: :grin:

• 2 months later...

I always find this question interesting.

If I had to pick one band it would be the impressionistic Jazz group: Weather Report who's leaders were Wayne Shorter and Josef Zawinul (1971-1987) who are now in their 70's and are leading their solo groups and still playing and recording.

Favorite 'song':

I've never heard anything as remarkable as Igor Stravinsky's Rite of Spring (1913) - Turn that one up to 11, for sure. My current favorite version is Tilson Thomas - San Francisco Symphony (1995 or 1996)

I heard one review describe the Rite perfectly in two words: "Primitive and Modern" (If you know the peice and about the riot it caused when it premiered in 1913, you'll get it.

Here's some descritive writing I found that I thought captured the intensity of what many call the greatest Modern Masterpeice of the 20th century.

"My music" Stravinsky explained "is best understood by children and animals."

Le sacre was an earthquake of primal rhythms. The entire orchestra became a single percussive unit to celebrate what Stravinsky called "the most wonderful event of every year of my childhood..the violent Russian spring that seemed to begin in an hour and was like the whole earth cracking.

Edited by Guest