Rockism: Good or Bad?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birthdays? Have you ever stopped to considre that they are just a cynical ploy by multinatoinal commercial interests, designed to genersate sales of facile card-products and consumer good? They expliot our fundamental egotism, con us into deludnig oursleves of our "specialness" in the eyes of others. Really, they couldn't give a stuff.

Who knows exactly when they were bron anyway? You can't rembember; you were only a baby. You only think you know when your birthday is, because your parents told you that.

In my opion, things were better before the Gregorian calendar was invented, when people just had an idea what season they were born in and celebrated the whole season long. So it was the europeans that spioled everything.

But then, what is "happiness", but an illusion created by the slave-masters to keep the common herd in unquestining obedience? People are fooled to thinking they will be happy if they have the job, the car, the wife, lots of consimer durbles, etc. Because people aspire to "happiness", they carry on the treadmill like hamsters on a wheel, serving the corporate machine, rather than considering how much their life stinks. Then they die.

When people do stop to think about how much the world sucks and that rtheir life is a mediocre piece of crap, they are reminded that "there's always someone worse off than you". You think about the people worse off than yourselves and are boosted by the transient illusion of happiness, before the slave-master pushes your nose back to the grind-stone. IMO.

I try to be most accommodating, Levis. :)

Being a millionaire doesnt automatically make you shallow. But someone like madonna or Milli vanilli or WHam who spend thousands of dollars on wardrobe, hours in front of a mirror putting on makeup and wigs, have assistance who do everythign from peel their bananas to clean thier poodles toenails have no right to tell me that I should donate $100 to whatever their cause of the month is...

Your words, Paul. Everyone mentioned above has a limo and sings about the poor and weak.

so you are a cakeist?

Does that apply to only the birthday kind? How about wedding? Graduation? Just your garden variety, middle of the week I felt like baking cake?

Stand up comedian Jim Gaffigan says:

You work in an office and hear "It's Joe's Birthday"....you mumble, "that idiot"...then you hear "There's cake in the conference room" and you say "Well, I should stop by to wish him a happy Birthday"

Yes, birthday cake can help link you together with miserable people that you genrally want nothing to with...what this has to do with the subject, i dont know.

B-F is really a nice guy. I know there are ulterior motives to his recent satirical posts. WHO is Paul anyway ? Clark Kent/Superstirrer ?

I believe it's someone intelligent, deliberately misspelling some words, and leading us up the garden path. WHO is he/she though ?

Cakeist! OH CeeCee. :laughing:

But then, what is "happiness", but an illusion created by the slave-masters to keep the common herd in unquestining obedience? People are fooled to thinking they will be happy if they have the job, the car, the wife, lots of consimer durbles, etc. Because people aspire to "happiness", they carry on the treadmill like hamsters on a wheel, serving the corporate machine, rather than considering how much their life stinks. Then they die.

When people do stop to think about how much the world sucks and that rtheir life is a mediocre piece of crap, they are reminded that "there's always someone worse off than you". You think about the people worse off than yourselves and are boosted by the transient illusion of happiness, before the slave-master pushes your nose back to the grind-stone. IMO.

Couldn't have said it better meself...it's nice of you all to wish me a happy b-day (and it was very unexpected), but honestly I'm pretty much siding with BF on this one--its just another day. Just a couple days ago my wife got upset with me because I didnt do anything for her for mothers day (her first as a mother). She knows what a crock I think mothers day is, and I tried to explain to her I'd rather treat her nice and do unexpected nice things for her all the time instead of just celebrating one day a year in May because some corporate ash-holes want to sell candy, flowers and greeting cards...anyway, I'm sure this post hasnt done anythign to disprove to anyone I'm not a grumpy old fart (eventhough I'm not)...

it's nice of you all to wish me a happy b-day (and it was very unexpected), but honestly I'm pretty much siding with BF on this one--it's just another day....

anyway, I'm sure this post hasnt done anythign to disprove to anyone I'm not a grumpy old fart (eventhough I'm not)...

Yay Mr. PEW! That was positive. Sort of. I'm glad that you actually cared!

You noticed I didn't totally disagree with you either.

But for any of you that have a problem with happiness, corporate induced or not....

Bite me. ;)

Oh Paul ! You have much to learn, grasshopper. It's obligatory (whether it be commercial or not) to give your Wife a gift "from the baby" on her first Mother's Day. Honorable RonJon is very wise. (And also, I believe B-F is taking the you-know-what out of you in his Posts. Touche !)

:P

MasterPo.jpg

• 6 years later...