I love the "Who's Online" feature because ...

beatleant

I love the "Who's Online" feature because ... I look at where the anonymous users are reading and in most cases, an interesting thread from the archives.

Sometimes they'll be reading a thread that I've forgotten.

I don't know, maybe I'm after brownie points with the admins/mods :: ... nah, I just wanted to make a comment :thumbsup:. But curious though, does anyone else do the same?

Ant :guitar:

The fact that most of the threads that the anonymous users are reading are actually ones which are dead and buried on the board shows their true dedication to the board itself.

Sometimes I go to other boards, respond to a thread, find I'm the last person ever to respond to it, it gets buried, forgotten about, and I look rather the fool.

But, as we're dedicated to finding the threads we want, not just every single thread to respond to, we're always looking for those which maybe got forgotten about which would further elicit thought-provoking responses.

The whole idea of looking outside the box takes another meaning.

The bummer is, when one of us is alone online and we've got nobody to talk to! (Indeed, I really am so sad that I have more friends online than in real life..!)

*exhales deeply* But mercifully, that is not currently the case.

In conclusion - I probably don't know what I'm talking about, which leaves you guys no chance whatsoever..

Love and mercy

Matt

There is the aspect of having to wait for reply if you know that the person you're conversing with is still online, and you know that you're heading toward ISP timeout.

I don't mind it so much as I used to not understand why I was always alone online!

But since most of my evenings are spent awake, most of the time I can manipulate my online time to suit when I know I should reply (one of the main reasons for my lack of sleep!)

Bah,

I hate it. When I look at it I'll see one of the other people on who I'm disscusing something with. I'll see they're making a new post. Then I can't leave until I've seen it and possibly posted back. It drives me nuts.

What does viewing forum _____ in "flat mode" mean?

..it would also be nice if it said ..."Pinkfloyd1973 is viewing About Songfacts - I love the "Who's Online" feature because ... while scratching himself in a chimp-like fashion" ::

Ah, Flat vs. Threaded....its the two different ways to view posts. I prefer Flat mode b/c you can see all the posts in one thread at the same time, I find it easier to read. You can change it using the links at the top and bottom of the page - they're in the white boxes. :)

Ah, Flat vs. Threaded....its the two different ways to view posts. I prefer Flat mode b/c you can see all the posts in one thread at the same time, I find it easier to read. You can change it using the links at the top and bottom of the page - they're in the white boxes. :)

I hate threaded, thankies Sara! :bow:

I must say "Holy Crap!" is really late out for all you people too? It's one out here in Bismarck! (I suffer from a *little* bit of insomnia)

Must be a little bit, because I don't go to bed till sometime the next day, usually anywhere from 6am to 10am. Also, I'm going to make another picture tonight! ><

• 1 month later...

I agree, Ant. I will be bored with the new threads, and then I will see an anonymous user looking at an old thread that I forgot about or never saw before, so I will read it, and think "Hey, this is pretty cool" And bump it. That's pretty much what just happened.

Me three :)