Songfacts on CNN

Carl

There will be no puffing until next week when we unleash the Song Profiles. It's a project we've been working on for a while, and if it flies, I might puff a little. Until then, there are plenty of things to humble me: going 1-4 in softball, cleaning the tank, miring in 5th place in the Songfacts Fantasy Baseball league, the myriad rejections when I ask girls for their phone numbers, etc.

:)

There will be no puffing until next week when we unleash the Song Profiles. It's a project we've been working on for a while, and if it flies, I might puff a little. Until then, there are plenty of things to humble me: going 1-4 in softball, cleaning the tank, miring in 5th place in the Songfacts Fantasy Baseball league, the myriad rejections when I ask girls for their phone numbers, etc.

May I make a suggestion Carl, stop asking for their phone numbers and ask them if they have a one of those rare misprints on their mattress label that makes it invaluable in the trading market. While I can't guarantee a substantial drop in the rejection category for you, when one does ask you to come over and check it out... she's a keeper! :thumbsup:

I want to point out that the CNN article found one of those nuggets that appears all over Songfacts in the form of a very insightful observation about a song that can be applied to life in general. The quote they pulled was a comment by a lady from Greece who was defending the sappiness of Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey":

"I cried when I frist heard it as a child, and still cry as an adult. So what if it's sappy. Sappy for me is when you hear a song and nothing happens inside."

Brilliant.

Mike, I realy like your idea, but like Jessica Simpson or trips to Atlantic City, I think it might be better in theory than in practice. What's scary is that a friend-girl recently asked me the best way to reject a guy who asks for her number, and I knew right away based on considerable experience ("I'm not comfortable with that").

the myriad rejections when I ask girls for their phone numbers, etc.

Okay, judging by the girls that were flocking to our table and flirting outrageously with you when we were at the restaurant, Carl, I'm finding this bit of information quite tough to believe. Maybe you need to just move to the west coast :)