Stoner Music???

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In "my day," we who enjoyed a doobie now and then were termed "Heads" or "Freaks." The soundtrack to the movie Easy Rider was definitely "Head music."

Those who seemed to be continuously high or craved weed were termed "Burnouts."

When I was a teen the world was divided in two species: we, who smoked dope and listened to Hendrix and The Stones, and the squares or straights. Of course, we were sure that we were the wise ones and the rest were just stupid bureaucrats... :laughing:

We call them "Kiffer". From "kiffen" meaning to smoke weed. At least that's the word for heavy smokers, those who would smoke a joint in the lunch break at school...

We use the word "Kif", wich comes from the arab spoken in Morocco, here in Spain too, though other words are much more popular: "costo", "chocolate" (for hashish) and "grifa", "hierba" or "maría" (for marijuana). The smokers are "porretas" (A "porro" is a joint) or "fumetas"

fumar = to smoke).

You can hardly find marihuana in Spain... just some cheap and very light pot grown by people in their homes... or maybe some guys who bring it from Holland for their personal use... in any case, it´s not the same weed that comes from Mexico or South America.

Yes, they have a great "tortilla de patatas" but they still must improve in other fields... :grin:

You´re right, Edna. Approximately 95% of the spanish stoners smoke hashish. If you can get some good "María" here, you become "the king of the party" automatically.

Spanish people don´t apreciate the "tortilla" the way it deserves. It´s a big apportation to the universal culture! ;)

By the way, can anybody explain to me if being "stoned" and being "high" is the same thing?

I´ve read somewhere that if you smoke hashish, you get stoned and if you smoke pot, you get high...

By the way, can anybody explain to me if being "stoned" and being "high" is the same thing?

I´ve read somewhere that if you smoke hashish, you get stoned and if you smoke pot, you get high...

For me from my experience, I was stoned when I smoked and high when I was doing other drugs. But that was me and my group of my friends!

Spanish people don´t apreciate the "tortilla" the way it deserves. It´s a big apportation to the universal culture! ;)

A- Tortilla: the best food on earth. Seems like you need to be a foreigner like myself to love it...

B- Weed keeps you high while hashish lowers your blood pression and just makes you "stoned". I realised that as soon as I tried hashish... it´s not the same, not at all... :shades:

I remembered this on the way into work this morning. One night after being out with my frineds and doing a lot of different drugs, I came home and went into my room and put an album on and the headphones. I lay in bed just soaking in the music, and this was music you would not think of as "stoner music", it was Earth, Wind & Fire's "Gratitude". I was so lost in the music that night, feeling every note and every word. And to this day that album takes me to a special place in my mind!

Edited by Guest
typing too fast again!

• 2 months later...

Hey what ever happened to that show Freaks And Geeks?....I liked it..

That show was shortlived & quickly cancelled by NBC halfway during it's premeire season back in 2000. Despite it's ageless popularity (viewers between age 13-55) & nice ratings, it was dropped for a reality show after 2 13-episode contracts.

As part of my jazz background I'll throw in John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk along with Keith Jarret's solo meanderings and Chick Corea's Return to Forever recordings. I'm convinced that acid is the only way to appreciate Ornette Coleman so I still don't get him. Miles is for booze (more agressive).

Edited by Guest

...Therefore, most every song can be considered "stoner music". I'm listening to "stoner music" on the television right now...."McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!"

:laughing: Miami!!! your a hoot & always crack me up :jester: :laughing:

Some TV shows & movies have good tunes that play in the middle, usually it's really weird & dazed; like it's not even music, but somebody playing on an ancient rusted xylaphone.

That's a pretty bad Ford commercial, but my least favorite Ford commercial is the one where Toby Keith looks at the camera and says "Are you tough enough to drive a Ford truck? I know I am...I own one." They pulled that ad pretty quick, because it seemed too much like a parody of a Ford commercial. Toby Keith sucks.