One-hit soundalike wonders

One notable subset of one-hit wonders is bands who are (intentionally or not) stylistically nearly identical to another band popular at that time, and whose one hit is sometimes misattributed to that band.

I know there have a number of these "copycat" one-hit wonders throughout rock history, but only two come to mind right now: "Vehicle" by Ides of March (a Blood, Sweat & Tears copycat), and "Call To The Heart" by Giuffria (a mid-'80s Journey copycat whose lead singer even sounded remarkably like Steve Perry).

Can anyone else here think of the other one-hit (or even more-than-one-hit) copycats?

If we're talking counterfeit... and if y'all don't mind me mentioning famous groups, then I'd say Duran Duran wins some kind of prize for looking and sounding just like Japan. Coincidentally, Japan's frontman, David Sylvian, has a knack of sounding kind of like Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music, especially during Japan's last album, Tin Drum.

How about Steve Augeri and Steve Perry, both lead singers of Journey?

I had gotten America and Neil Young bass-ackwards often, and for the longest time thought "On The Darkside" (John Cafferty and Beaver Brown) was Bruce Springsteen. Jackyl suspiciously sounded exactly like a Brian Johnson-era AC/DC. People swore "The Lumberjack" was AC/DC. The Foo-Fighters "Monkey Wrench" has an undeniable Ramones influence with that impenetrable 'wall of guitar' sound and 4-on-the-floor tempo.

Ken.

Strangest sound-alike: "Send Me An Angel" by Real Life sounds a bit like The Scorpions. This is strange because one is a SynthPop band and the other is Hard Rock. Yet another coincidence is that The Scorpions also have a song called "Send Me Angel" that sounds nothing like Real Life's :cool:

"Beach Baby" by the one hit wonder group First Class trying to sound like the "The Beach Boys".

Oh, but GAWD I loved that song! I can remember, 7th grade, be-bopping around my friend's living room like the pre-teens we were... what a great memory! :)