I went to an actual movie set last night

rtstuff

Wow I was on the set last night when an actual scene of the "We Are Marshall" movie was shot last night. It was shot in a movie theater that was set back in 1970. Two Marshall players that were not on the plane were watching the movie "Kelly's Heroes". The jest of the scene is that the movie is suddenly stoped and an announcement is made that there has been a bad accident at Tri-State Airport. The whole scene lasts probably a minute and it took two hours to shoot it.

I was amazed at how hard everyone works especially the technical crew. They really know their stuff. All of these people have been very nice and accomodating. They are high class folks. This is something that you don't always here about these Hollywood types.

I met the publicist for Warner Brothers Films, and I met one of the actors. My wife and I met Anthony Mackie who plays one of the Marshall players that missed the flight due to an injury.

Ernie, who was the publicist, also was the main promoter for the film "Friday Night Lights". The film about the legendary Texas high school team.

Anthony is probably best known as one of the boxers in "Million Dollar Baby". He is the loud mouth that beats up the little guys that is kind of mentally challenged. Morgan Freeman then cleans Anthony's clock.

There is a slight chance that I may get in on another scene before filming in Huntington is completed on Saturday.

Filming next moves to Atlanta where the football sequences will be shot. They found an old stadium outside of Atlanta that looks a lot like the old stadium that Marshall played at during the 70's and 80"s.

rtstuff

Thunderstruck in Huntington