Did George Bush order the assasination of John Lennon?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I'm not just pulling this sheet out of my a$$, there has been some serious investigation inot this matter:

http://www.john-lennon.net/whoauthorizedtheassassinationofjohnlennon.htm

John Lennon's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) file reveals that he was under "constant surveillance." His apartment was watched, he was followed, and his phone was tapped. The FBI did not keep a particularly low profile around the ex-Beatle, apparently attempting to harass him into silence or at least drive him nuts, similar to the tactic they had used on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., just a few short, but eventful years earlier.

In late 1972, when the "surveillance" was most annoying, John Lennon told journalist Paul Krassner, "Listen, if anything happens to Yoko and me, it was not an accident."

Edited by Guest

In late 1972, when the "surveillance" was most annoying, John Lennon told journalist Paul Krassner, "Listen, if anything happens to Yoko and me, it was not an accident."

That was in 1972, when he was refused his Green Card and the authorities wanted to deport him due to drug use and activism. Nixon was the president. I´m not saying Ronald Reagan was a fan of The Beatles, but at least he had some calm since he got his card in 1976... :shades:

Besides, it was Yoko everybody wanted to get rid of... which was about to happen after "Double Fantasy" was released and people could listen to her tracks. So someone hired that guy but he was such an ***hole... he failed, he killed the wrong person! :doh:

And if you still don't think that Chapman couldn't have been programed by the CIA to kill Lennon, then you need to read up on Frank Olson.

I don't feel anyone here would dispute that the CIA is ABLE to arrange someone be harrassed, scandalized or even assassinated, Paul. The question should always come back to motive. You seem to be an avid reader of conspiracy plot information. And while there is heartfelt effort put into documenting what many authors you quote would swear to be the truth about your pet subjects, I would just recommend that you be an independent thinker for this moment.

In order for the CIA to ramp up this operation to assassinate Lennon, the approval to do so would have had to have been given well in advance to its execution. I suggest George Bush had bigger fish to fry than to toy with this popular icon. Given that Mr. Bush, as president during the 1991 Gulf War, could not bring himself to order the non-UN sanctioned assassination of his nemisis, Saddam Hussein, even when he had him in his sights and could have easily pulled that trigger; it makes less sense still that while starting to test his own political viability in Washington as CIA director, he would callously and with not a single concern about his political future, try to pull off what you are suggesting. Even CIA directors - especially those with further political ambitions, perhaps even to occupy the White House - do not just arbitrarily pick targets for assassinations. Perhaps they do in novels or Oliver Stone movies, but not in real life. The layered bureaucracy found in DC departments does not aid in hiding individual activity in covert politics, but actually makes it harder to accomplish secrecy with any hope of a leakless plot. Do you not think an insider leak would have surfaced to point to Mr. Bush prior to his recieving the Republican nomination for president, were he the hitman puppeteer in the Lennon Affair? Do you not think he was investigated thoroughly for such abuses of power by his own party, not to mention the opposition parties prior to the 1980 elections? (When he was the vice-presidential candidate.) Now, if he was not the prime mover for this assassination, that would mean that Mr. Bush's superior must have authorized the execution of this covert plan.

Now, I did not vote for him, nor do I think he was an especially effective president; but I'll be hornswaggled if I will buy off on Jimmy Carter ordering John Lennon's assassination!

Perhaps if you stop reading the self-revealing rants of conspirists and use your own powers of deduction, you will not buy off on a Carter/Bush collaboration to rid the world of John Lennon either.

Ron, I just love reading your writing. Doesn't matter what it is, it's always well thought out and well articulated. And often times it makes it almost spew soda out my nose.

I just thought you should know. :grin:

That whole nose-soda-spew thing was a bit more than I needed to know, but hey, Shawna, thanks for your support. It's comments like yours that keep me spewing my drivel as well.

I've got a bridge you might be interested in.

Are you serious? Were you born yesterday?

Do you have an ounce of skeptism?

Have you seen the Alien Autopsy tape?

You know, you can learn to achieve lifelong bliss through the Maharaji.

And John Edward can probably get the straight scoop for us by contacting a 'passed' relative whose name starts with an M, or maybe a G.