season of the witch

tuff enuf

undun

voice

when love come to town

year of the cat

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzats it

der kommisher

Do you mean "Der Kommisar" by Falco? If so, I think we need a discussion, what to consider Classic Rock.

And if you don't mind me asking, but maybe you could add the artists the songs, as I've never heard of a few of them (or at least I think so).

Thanks

heres mine

american woman

baba oriley

cross town traffic

dazed and confused

eruption

for what its worth

get off of my cloud

he was a friend of mine

im burning for you

jackie blue

kkk took my baby away

lodi

mr blue sky

night moves

on a carousel

psychotic reaction

que vida!

romeo and juliet

strange days

take the money and run

urgent

victoria

welcome to the jungle

x-ray man

yellow submarine

z

I fudged on a couple of these, Love and the Ramones and Liz Phair arent exactly Classic Rock, but oh well...

Edited by Guest

Ok, I'm going to list the artists, and I ask everyone else to do the same. I just plain don't like it when people list songs and I have no idea who they are by. I think I'll stick with songs by rock bands (but not necessarily rock songs), and most of the ones I list will be from the 80s or earlier.

AC/DC - It's A Long Way To The Top, Highway To Hell.

The Beatles - Norwegian Wood, In My Life, Eight Days A Week, Eleanor Rigby, A Hard Day's Night, Yesterday, A Day In The Life, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Revolution, Back In The USSR, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes The Sun, Something, Let It Be, The Long And Winding Road. (Could keep going with this band but I think that's enough)

Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer, Wanted Dead Or Alive.

The Clash - London Calling.

Cold Chisel - Khe Sanh.

Cream - Crossroads, White Room, Badge, Sunshine Of Your Love, Swlabr.

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water.

Derek And The Dominoes - Layla.

The Eagles - Hotel California.

Guns 'N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine, Patience, Civil War, November Rain.

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze, All Along The Watchtower.

Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song, Good Times Bad Times, Dazed And Confused, No Quarter, Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Kashmir, Ramble On, Achilles Last Stand, In The Evening, Rock And Roll, Stairway To Heaven, Since I've Been Loving You, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, The Battle Of Evermore.

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters.

Oasis - Champagne Supernova.

Pearl Jam - Alive.

Pink Floyd - Time, Comfortably Numb, Us And Them, Money, Sheep, Sorrow, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, High Hopes, Wish You Were Here.

Powderfinger - Love Your Way. (yeah I know it was only released a few years ago but I couldn't resist)

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody To Love, Innuendo.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge.

The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up, Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Angie, Sympathy For The Devil, She's A Rainbow, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, Ruby Tuesday, Paint It Black, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll.

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, One.

The Who - My Generation, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again.

Stevie Wright - Evie parts 1,2 and 3.

• 1 month later...

I think I'll bump this thread just to add to my list and to see if anyone else will reply.

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Little Wing, Night Bird Flying, The Wind Cries Mary

The Who - Pinball Wizard, Squeeze Box, The Kids Are Alright, Who Are You

I'll give it a try, and to keep it short I'll list my top three for each group:

AC/DC- Highway to Hell, You Shook Me All Night Long, Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Beatles: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Yesterday, We Can Work It Out

Cream: Sunshine of Your Love, White Room, I Feel Free

The Doors: Touch Me, Light My Fire, The End

Grateful Dead: Eyes of The World, Truckin', Casey Jones

Jimi Hendrix: All Along the Watchtower, Purple Haze, Red House

Led Zepplin: Stairway to Heaven, Immigrant Song, Rock n' Roll

Moody Blues: Your Wildest Dreams, Nights in White Satin, Steppin' In A Slide Zone

The Floyd:bow:: Wish You Were Here (entire album), Animals (entire album), Comfortably Numb, In the Flesh (no question mark), Young Lust, Stop, Time, and GREAT GIG IN THE SKY (Favorite, if you couldn't guess)

Steely Dan: Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Do It Again, Reelin' In the Years

Supertramp: Take the Long Way Home, Give A Little Bit, The Logical Song

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Mary Jane's Last Dance, Free Fallin', American Girl

U2: Where the Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloody Sunday, City of Blinding Lights,

The Who :bow: (Part II): Behind Blue Eyes (One of the greatest songs ever), Pinball Wizard, Sister Disco, Baba O' Riley, You Better You Bet

There is no way Oasis could be considered classic rock, and I just depise the Rolling Stones, so they get no songs on this list. I know the Dead may not be classic rock, but they are classic in my heart and that's all that matters.

• 4 weeks later...

the Ramones arent exactly Classic Rock, but oh well...

It feels as if you lost a lot of respect for your own stated beliefs & persona as a whole, just by that one post. They're more credible than most of the 80's bands that are listed. They were one of the first punk bands to break through the scene & the site that Steel2Velvet posted yesterday regarding Top 100 Music Moments of the last century, even ranked them amongst the likes of Paul Simon, Chuck Berry, Elvis, & The Who.