Greenday Genre?

Deco

Hi anyone heard of the song last ride in by Greenday

What genre do you think it is as it certainly aint punk :P

If you havent got the song try downloading it its a brilliant song, best listened to when your walking through the streets at 1 o clock in the morning :)

Just cause you don't like it doesnt mean its fake punk. They get called that sometimes just due to the fact that their popular/mainstream now.

while yes they are contemporary but that isnt really a genre in its self as it just means it has been written in the present day.

anywayz try Last Ride in it is totally different to any of there other songs :)

I know, I was just kidding about the contemporary thing, as that covers anything made from 1900-now.

I'd say their primary genre is pop-punk. Even if they have a few songs that aren't pop-punk, that's still their primary genre. There are very few bands (who have at least 3 or 4 albums) who only make songs in one genre. The only one I can think of is AC/DC.

How come whenever Green Day are mentioned here, a debate about whether they are 'punk' always starts. This bunch of eye-lined speed-freaks promote more discussion than STH v Freebird!

I haven't heard this particular song, but would be suprised if it didn't a Stiff Little Fingers riff like all the rest... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, mate. Your post was a continuation of the thread, without specific reference to another's post. Unless you particularly choose a particular post to respond to/quote from, your post will normally show up as a response to the previous one.It's nothing to do with "noobieness". In any case, in my experience at least, folks round here are very forgiving of noob-boobs. :)