Rolling Stones, Sydney Australia

katie_sane

:D :D :D

Last night I was one of 60,000 fans who packed Sydney's Telstra Stadium for the first of the Rolling Stones two Australian concerts.

It was my first Rolling Stones concert and probably the best concert that I have ever been to! :bow: :bow: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

A hard rockin' Aussie band, The Living End, opened for the Stones. They were really good, more for the younger crowd though. They played to only about a quarter of the audience that eventually amassed itself just before the main attraction was scheduled to come on.

The Rolling Stones opened with Jumpin Jack Flash and we went crazy! It was such an electric atmosphere, a very mixed crowd too. We were on the arena floor, a dozen or so rows back but right in front, so we had a good view of the stage and tv screens.

They are the best band...Mick is just unbelievable, running from one end of the stage to the other, dancing, jumping, twisting...what a frontman! Ronnie and Charlie received huge applause and cheers from the audience but the biggest screams were reserved for Sydney's favourite Stone, Keith!

They played 21 songs, three of them off the new 'A Bigger Bang' album. Highlights were 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' which was sung so loud by the audience that Mick was drowned out, 'Sympathy For The Devil' - the crowd went mental during this song, they had smoke everywhere and red lights that turned the stadium into a sort of devil's cauldron (the guitar on that song was absolutely fantastic, sounded out of this world), 'Dead Flowers', a huge audience favourite, and 'Happy' where Keith sang to rapturous applause.

It was great! We spent the night screaming, singing and dancing in the aisles. I loved The Rolling Stones before but now I love them even more! :D :rockon: :bow: :bow:

I think I've mentioned this before , but at the Tokyo show in March , my wife reminded me that "Sympathy for The Devil " is the song she wants played at her funeral ceremony , if , God forbid , she were to die before me . Again , I told her that I just couldn't - as what would others think that I thought of my wife if I played that - I told her I'd play it privately at home , but she didn't seem satisfied . She's a freakin' weirdo ... :stars: :laughing:

I will try to see them in June, when they play here... First time I saw them it was incredible... the other shows were also great but that first one was magic... you´ll always remember it, even if you go to more concerts in the future...

Congrats, Katie!!! :)

Katie, I love it when someone who hasn't seen them does. It's easy to see why they are the greatest rock and roll band on earth! Mick's the consummate frontman/performer, I don't care how old he is, or what jokes they tell.

You just can't beat em for flat out rockin!!

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed! :)

:rockon: :rockon:

Thanks everyone! We had such a crazy time and it was made better because I could come on here and tell you all about it and you'd appreciate the significance!

CeeCee, you are right about Mick! I get annoyed about how the media, etc, bang on about his age or the collective ages of the Stones so much, who cares!! They're the best at what they do and age never even comes into it :bow: :bow:

Some pictures from the Sydney concert that were published on the internet (no hope of smuggling a camera in, we were frisked by security guards and made to go through metal detectors before we were allowed in):

stonessydney.jpg

sydneyconcertkeith.jpg

Edited by Guest

Great review, katie. Sounds like a fantastic concert. Very happy for you.

And....

Again , I told her that I just couldn't - as what would others think that I thought of my wife if I played that - I told her I'd play it privately at home , but she didn't seem satisfied . She's a freakin' weirdo ...

Geez, and she married you? My, my.

:rockon: :rockon:

Thanks everyone! We had such a crazy time and it was made better because I could come on here and tell you all about it and you'd appreciate the significance!

CeeCee, you are right about Mick! I get annoyed about how the media, etc, bang on about his age or the collective ages of the Stones so much, who cares!! They're the best at what they do and age never even comes into it :bow: :bow:

stonessydney.jpg

sydneyconcertkeith.jpg

Katie...I bought the program...and 2 shirts (couldn't help myself). The pictures in the book are fantastic!!

Well , I'm glad to hear you helped the boys out a bit , Cee-Cee , you know , gave 'em a little something extra for coming over and entertaining you ( they passed a hat here ) ... pensions just don't seem to cover everything one needs ... ;):P :laughing:

Well , I'm glad to hear you helped the boys out a bit , Cee-Cee , you know , gave 'em a little something extra for coming over and entertaining you ( they passed a hat here ) ... pensions just don't seem to cover everything one needs ... ;):P :laughing:

Nah Kevy, It wasn't to help the boys out. I've got shirts or something from every show of thiers I've seen (4). PLus...god forbid, if this was their last, well it was worth it.

• 2 months later...