Major Plots Twistage!

PSYCHOcatholic

• 6 years later...

OK, definately worth mentioning is Memento. This movie offers a very unique version of film making in that it is filmed backwards. The beginning of the movie is actually the 'end' but it keeps jumping back in time to slowly reveal the plot.

Also, Donnie Darko, and Mulholland Dr have plot twisting ends.

I agree about those movies, definitely worth mentioning. :thumbup: I just watched Memento for a 3rd time and am still trying to figure it out completely.

Plot twists galore. If you like those, then these films are right up your alley:

The Bird With The Crystal Plummage

A Blade In The Dark

Diabolique (the original version)

The Vanishing (the original version)

Usually, the Italians are the ones who've done the whole plot-twist thing to death (pun intended) as part of their giallo genre. They're usually trashy, midnight movies, but ten times better than the American ones.

:beatnik:

Reviving a six-year-old thread?

Is that a new record?

Here's one from the intervening years:

The Prestige (2006) Directed by Christopher Nolan. Screenplay by Jonathan Nolan & Christopher Nolan from the novel by Christopher Priest. Starring Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine. With Scarlett Johansson and David Bowie.

This story about rival magicians was released about the same time as The Illusionist, another twisted magician story. In fact, I saw them both in the same week. The Prestige is much trickier, and, by my tastes, superior.

It has shown up on TV, but don't think about watching it that way. It ought to be viewed without commercial interuption to be at all intelligible.