Songfacts now on Wikipedia

Mike

But it'd be so much easier to go straight from there. Convenience issues, you see. We should show them how concerned we are about their comfort thereby getting more visitors.

How many people will actually GO to Google and do a manual search for Songfacts?

Mike, thanks so much for doing this. It's something I've been keeping an eye on.

You think our mods are tough, Wikipedia is brutal when it comes to editing. Everything needs to be very factual, so no references to the charming and strangely handsome guy who started it. More along the lines of:

"Songfacts is a website containing song information..."

To get an idea what they look for, check out:

The Snopes page

I'll give it a look and try to add some stuff.

It should be noted that Wikipedia uses us as a source and links to us in about 100 entries, which provides a lot of traffic.

:)

Edited by Guest

Well, they only deleted 3 things I added (about the monthly quiz and winning a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt, we had a coolness rating and about the Songfacts games) BUT not before a good few people I know had seen it already hehehe

It was Carl! :( What was wrong with what I added?

Edited by Guest
SHOCK!

Now I feel like a doof for my slash and burn editing style. I took off the quiz stuff and cool site because I feared they would be seen as too promotional, since it was flagged because it looked like an advertisement.

With the lyrical pursuit and song fallacies, I removed that because those are in transition. The plan is to give Lyrical Pursuit its own website once we do a little code cleanup and maybe do the same with Song Fallacies. Right now, they are hard to find because the code for the games crashes from time to time.

• 1 month later...