Could they cover it?

Sweet Jane 61

This is a spin on doing covers. I thought of this last night on the way home when I heard Al Green singing "Let's Stay Together". I had just listened to Janis and it came to mind that she could've done a kick azz version of that tune. She had the soul and definately the voice. She would have put her spin on it and I think it would have been a great cover. Ok, so is there a song that you think and artist should cover, that they could do the song justice. This has to be a song that has not been covered by the artist you choose, you just feel it would be a good fit.

This is a spin on doing covers. I thought of this last night on the way home when I heard Al Green singing "Let's Stay Together". I had just listened to Janis and it came to mind that she could've done a kick azz version of that tune. She had the soul and definately the voice. She would have put her spin on it and I think it would have been a great cover. Ok, so is there a song that you think and artist should cover, that they could do the song justice. This has to be a song that has not been covered by the artist you choose, you just feel it would be a good fit.

I know I´m a bit off topic, but I always wished Janis would have covered "To love somebody". When I found out (just some ten years ago) she actually did, I was quite deceived... I don´t like her cover at all.

Jane....I don't see Janis doing Al Green songs. I am trying to listen to Let's Stay Together in my head right now and putting her voice to it. I don't see it working though I will admit I would love to have heard her cover.

I am thinking a little more along the lines of Percy Sledge's "When A Man Loves A Woman" being a more appropo for Janis. There I believe she would put in a good dose of soul.

Another song might be Billy Holliday's "God Bless The Child". Now that song is one I would love to have heard Janis sing. Did she ever cover it?

Jimmy, I am pretty sure Janis didn't do a cover of "God Bless The Child". I am still going to stick with "Let's Stay Together", I can hear her getting into the song in her way and when she would hit the chorus...

"Ooh, baby, let's, let's stay together

Loving you whether, whether times are good or bad, happy or sad

Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad"

I feel she would have done a decent cover of this song. I do agree with you on "When A Man Loves A Woman", she had the soul for that song.