Don Ho - Tiny Bubbles

Ken

don20ho5gi.jpg

I had forgotten about this until I had heard an interview with Don Ho on NPR's "Motley Fool" radio program, yesterday morning. I'd forgotten how much I love this song. You HAVE to check out his website, Aloha! it's like taking a vacation. He's got a link there for "Show Reservations". GOD if it were only that easy.....

Tiny Bubbles

Don Ho

Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)

In the wine (in the wine)

Make me happy (make me happy)

Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)

Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)

Make me warm all over

With a feeling that I'm gonna

Love you till the end of time

So here's to the golden moon

And here's to the silver sea

And mostly here's a toast

To you and me

So here's to the ginger lei

I give to you today

And here's a kiss

That will not fade away

Aloha,

Ken.

Wasn't Don Ho pretty sick in recent years? I seem to recall hearing that somewhere..

I heard something recently about him being an advocate of stem cell research. I'll google...

Here ya go - from wikipedia:

Don Ho was diagnosed with heart failure caused by cardiomyopathy. The cause of his heart failure is unknown, but there was no treatment available. He went to Dr. Amit Patel, a cardiac surgeon and pioneer of the use of adult stem cells for heart disease. On December 6, 2005, Ho had his own blood derived stem cells injected into his heart by Dr. Patel with his surgeons in Thailand. The treatment went without incident. In an interview with the Associated Press later in the month, Ho said, "I'm feeling terrific, 100 percent better". He credited the treatment with saving his life.

Sort of on topic, but a little on side topic.

Traditional Hawaiian instrumental music.

My dad had a reel-to-reel tape player (nice one too) back in the seventies, he had a few reels of this traditional hawaiian music, oh the memories, hot summer days and evenings, I loved, it feel like I was IN Maui (they had just returned from there, their 25th wedding anniversary).

This is also sort of off-topic, but every time I see this song title I think of Emmanuel Lewis in a bathtub after dinner.

That came out way more gross than intended.

OK,,,,You dont have to register yearly with your local police, do you, Das?