What is your favorite Pink Floyd album BEFORE Dark Side of the Moon?

Dark Side

"More" is a great album too. I guess it´s also an underrated record... I bought "Obscured by Clouds" when it was released, I think it was in the early 70s, it´s the soundtrack of "La Vallée", a movie I didn´t like. I lost the record but I don´t think it was one of my faves as I never missed it. I should give it a second try, maybe...

Batman,

Yes, "Burning Bridges" is a good song, too! :thumbsup:

Edna,

Their album, "More", was also a soundtrack, for the 1969 movie "More".

"Obscured By Clouds" was Pink Floyd's highest charting album out of their first 7 albums. The album reached #46 in the U.S. and hit gold status in the mid 90's.

Give it another listen! :thumbsup:

I know "More" is a movie, Brad. Barbet Schroeder was the director and I wonder if he wasn´t also the one who did OBC... I liked "More", I was a teen by then but I guess I wouldn´t like it if was to see it right now...

Yes, I just checked and it´s also by Schroeder. Funny how some movies age not that well...

Edited by Guest

I searched too, and after finding this info on "The Vallee", I want to see the movie! :coolio: :grin:

The Vallee:

Story about a young woman on an expedition to a hidden valley in New Guinea.

As with most art-house films, THE VALLEY is aimed at an adult audience. Contained are full-frontal nudity (both genders), sex, and the frank killing and slaughter of three pigs, as well as themes of sensuality, monogamy, societal rigidity, and natural mood-altering substances.

"Obscured By Clouds" was Pink Floyd's highest charting album out of their first 7 albums. The album reached #46 in the U.S. and hit gold status in the mid 90's.

Give it another listen! :thumbsup:

That must be cause everybody was waiting impatiently for their next album, after "Dark Side of the Moon"... :laughing:

Including myself...

I don't know, Edna.

Obscured By Clouds was released in 1972, the album before "DSOTM".

It took it 21 years to reach gold status in 1994.

A long time, but it finally made it. :thumbsup:

You´re right... I must be getting very very old... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to admit, I haven't heard anything all that great from Pink Floyd. I always assumed that it was because it was before my time and not really something I could understand. Either that or all the people who like it are idiots and I'm really smart. Yeah, I like the sound of that. :P

At the same time, I don't really care for a couple of big name bands back in the day, so maybe I'm just too set in my ways or something.