AFI to pick 100 songs

Eggplant

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The American Film Institute said Tuesday it will honor the songs of Hollywood in its ongoing celebration of American movies with "AFI's 100 Years ... 100 Songs: America's Greatest Music in the Movies," a three-hour special to be broadcast next year.

The event will count down the greatest movie songs as chosen by experts in the film community, including directors, screenwriters, actors, editors, cinematographers, critics and historians. The countdown will air in June on CBS, marking the seventh such television special.

AFI already has begun the jury process by distributing a ballot with 400 nominated songs to a 1,500-strong jury.

The list includes such songs as "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (from "The Wizard of Oz"), "As Time Goes By" ("Casablanca"), "Singin' in the Rain" ("Singin' in the Rain"), "Moon River" ("Breakfast at Tiffany's"), "The Way We Were" ("The Way We Were"), "It Had to Be You" ("When Harry Met Sally ..."), "Say a Little Prayer" ("My Best Friend's Wedding"), "Take My Breath Away" ("Top Gun") and "Lose Yourself" ("8 Mile").

• 5 months later...

Does anyone else reply to six month old threads or is it just me? :)

I actually came across Eggplants post before. I googled it and found this site AFI's 100 YEARS 100 SONGS.

According to the site the show will air June 22nd. I hope I dont miss it, that will be an amazing show to watch!

Thanks Eggplant for mentioning this! I am surprised others-including myself-didnt thank you for posting this earlier. :D