V For Vendetta

Batman

Is so freaking awesome. In this thread, discuss what will probably turn out to be one of the best movies of the year.

Favorite quote:

"The only thing you and I have in common, Mr Creedy, is that we are both going to die tonight."

"And how do you imagine that's going to happen?"

"With my hands around your throat."

That's good, I'm sure you'll love it, unless you don't love really good movies.

Hmmm, that wasn't as clever as I imagined it would be.

"What you've got are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty, I won't be standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you're reloaded"

I saw it last night it was sooo good!!! definitely a must see

Evey: Who--who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey: I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is. :D

No better than Equilibrium... and that movie was the worst of this century. What we're left with is an oversimplified version of dystopian films relying heavily on the tired, old "Fascist govt. = evil" and "renegade/rebel = good". It would've been a change of pace had the directors and screenwriters actually bothered to think of a proper way of adapting the comic book, which in its all-two-dimensional-glory has far more profound ideas within it (i.e. at one point, one is left wondering whether the "hero" is actually a good guy or a bad guy). I'm surprised it's doing as good as it is and that it gets any praise at all - almost as if viewers weren't aware there is already a THX-1138, a Fahrenheit 451, and a 1984 out there.

Hahahaha, it IS XXX!

Welcome back ole' chap.

I like it because it makes you think more than other action movies...the key part of that statement is "more than other action movies." And if it is XXX, I've noticed you're really cynical about anything popular, and you should be more open minded. If you aren't XXX...I have nothing to say.

The XXX man ! :cool: :thumbsup: - now let's change this thread to a deep discussion of "Elsa : She-Wolf of The SS " ...

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,

But those dreams have remained and they’re turned around.

Who’d have thought they’d lead ya  (Who’d have thought they’d lead ya)

Back here where we need ya  (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we’ve got him on the spot, 

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

I loved V for Vendetta....best scene is where you first see V and he starts using all of the V words.

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?

V: I'm quite sure they will say so.